What's new

Synchron Duality Strings

I had watched that before posting and still was not sure as I saw him using different Major keys but pressing different notes within the key

Hoping @Ben can shed some light before the intro sale is over in a few hours
You are correct - loading the C major octave runs and playing an A will play the notes of the C scale from A to A...or effectively A natural minor. This really is pretty flexible as you get runs in any key and any "normal" mode.

You are correct - loading the C major octave runs and playing an A will play the notes of the C scale from A to A...or effectively A natural minor. This really is pretty flexible as you get runs in any key and any "normal" mode.
OK thank you -- any chance they sync to project tempo (or is that asking for too much?)

Yes, they can sync with project tempo and you can also use the time stretch feature of Synchron Player to let they play at your desired tempo.
I don't know if I understood correctly, is it possible to change the run's speed by linking them to the project tempo? Or you need to adjust the time stretch manually every time you use a run patch?

And I was surprised to hear about this:

1690881146225.png

So if you did not got it yet make sure to get the free 30 days demo licsense!
I immediately bought it on the day it was released on July 4th! I hope new products will appear faster in the future! I can't wait to buy anymore!

While I still don't quite prefer how the slurred legato and normal is divided into two patches, I actually quite like the overall product here after playing an hour or so with the full demo. Sustains and legato flow much much better than SSP. Good idea making this demo available.

If I am understanding this library correctly, I can choose to have a Chamber Strings type of setup, Orchestral Strings type of setup, and combine them to get an Appassionata Strings setup if I want moar players?

If so, this might be a better deal than the current sale on VI Strings. This also has the best string demos of VSL stuff I've heard.

If I am understanding this library correctly, I can choose to have a Chamber Strings type of setup, Orchestral Strings type of setup, and combine them to get an Appassionata Strings setup if I want moar players?

If so, this might be a better deal than the current sale on VI Strings. This also has the best string demos of VSL stuff I've heard.
Not quite. You're not really expanding the section horizontally, but layering them vertical. So it's more timbre defining than expanding of the sound.

No that is not what this library aims to achieve. That said: in terms of sound and versatility this is VSL’s best string library to date imho. But the layering of both sections adds definition rather than create Appassionata-like width and dimension. I also wouldn’t really go for using the smaller section as a standalone section. Elite Strings is more suitable for true divisi work imho.

Last edited:
I got the demo and while it sounds great out of the box, I'm getting this weird glitch where sometimes it randomly skips a note. Am I the only one experiencing this? It's a bit too jarring for me to ignore.

I got the demo and while it sounds great out of the box, I'm getting this weird glitch where sometimes it randomly skips a note. Am I the only one experiencing this? It's a bit too jarring for me to ignore.
Do you meet the minimum system requirements?

Do you meet the minimum system requirements?
Yeah I'm testing this out on a i7 16 GB RAM laptop I borrowed. Even then, the RAM usage I see isn't very high and what happens more when I lack RAM is the entire DAW slows down while playing. This one for some reason just doesn't play some notes. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't and this inconsistency irks me.

Top Bottom