What's new

Synchron Duality Strings

What do you guys think of the "3 velocities for all main articulations (shorts, longs, all legatos, portamentos, tremolos)."

Less than SSP overall.

Of course Duality has the more comprehensive articulation set. More so than even Elite Strings which is just 😮
I believe SSP had 2 dynamic layers for longs / legatos (see here), so in that sense SDS is "better". Same goes for spiccatos. For staccatos though, SSP has 6 dynamic layers including a staccato fortissimo articulation, which SDS lacks. SSP has 5 for pizzicatos. This level of detail is not provided for SDS in the online manual, so unclear. Maybe SDS has fewer dynamic layers for shorts, but more round robins? It does have more dynamic layers (1 extra) for the longs though.

Congraturations VSL!
The sounds really rich and realistic.
But be honestly, I think the sounds too cinematic for me.
It's seems good for animation or film music but not for songs.
So, I'm going to use my SSP and SSE.

Congraturations VSL!
The sounds really rich and realistic.
But be honestly, I think the sounds too cinematic for me.
It's seems good for animation or film music but not for songs.
So, I'm going to use my SSP and SSE.
Funny i hear the opposite. It seems to excel at harmony. And i can easily imagine the librrary being used to accompany vocalist for that type of parts. Sounds perfect for that like i can't really imagine something better for that right now. And with all the mics available it could possibly accomodate many genres too. Personally, it's a legatos playing playing melodies I'm not sure about. I don't have it so I'll wait before commenting on that more.

Funny i hear the opposite. It seems to excel at harmony. And i can easily imagine the librrary being used to accompany vocalist for that type of parts. Sounds perfect for that like i can't really imagine something better for that right now. And with all the mics available it could possibly accomodate many genres too. Personally, it's a legatos playing playing melodies I'm not sure about. I don't have it so I'll wait before commenting on that more.
I know that's sound really amazing.
But in contemporary vocal songs, kind a pop, ballad, rnb and rock, etc...
We need small size section. Not a symphonic sound.
Yeah SDS has a dry small size B-Hall mic options, but it looks just for subtle.
They are just 2 stereo channels, (Standard library has only 1 channel)
I'm not sure sounds great if we using B-hall mics solo.

Since today is the final day of intro pricing, I am seriously considering purchasing (even though I only bought SSP three weeks prior to Duality being released)

I see that all the runs in Duality are Major scale - if I was working in, for example, A minor, would I just press the note "A" in the runs patch and it would play an octave from A to A (thus, allowing me to have an A minor run?)

Thank you

@Ben

Since today is the final day of intro pricing, I am seriously considering purchasing (even though I only bought SSP three weeks prior to Duality being released)

I see that all the runs in Duality are Major scale - if I was working in, for example, A minor, would I just press the note "A" in the runs patch and it would play an octave from A to A (thus, allowing me to have an A minor run?)

Thank you

@Ben
Hey
Check this at 28:50 , maybe this answers your questions.

P.s. would have set a time mark, but it somehow does not work on my phone

Yes they would have mentioned it in the video if you could do that. Plus these are phases so. But it sounds like with the 3 notess, 5 notes and agile patchs you should be able to get by.

Hey
Check this at 28:50 , maybe this answers your questions.

P.s. would have set a time mark, but it somehow does not work on my phone

Yes they would have mentioned it in the video if you could do that. Plus these are phases so. But it sounds like with the 3 notess, 5 notes and agile patchs you should be able to get by.
I had watched that before posting and still was not sure as I saw him using different Major keys but pressing different notes within the key

Hoping @Ben can shed some light before the intro sale is over in a few hours

Top Bottom