What's new

Orchestral Tools: Junkie XL Brass—new update for solo horn and horn sections available

First of all,
I really do love Junkie XLs demos, especially the latest one from a composition perspective and I think I've gotten to know its strengths.
But at the same time, I may have noticed a weakness listening to one of the SINE player videos, but I am not sure of it, since there aren't really detailed play throughs of it.

I also would like what Leo is asking for.
I don't hear:
legato (longer like 2 seconds) for all sections
solo melody line for soloist and sections

I've done some Googling and Ark 4 was released on Dec 19th and the second chapter of the screencast was release on the 14th.
Time Micro was release on Sep 16th, while the second chapter of the screencast was released on the 11th.
Both were release around 5 days prior to the release.

What I want to see is something just like the screencasts for Ark 4, Time Micro and the other OT libraries.

I think it's a deadlines issue.

OT have always had decent walkthroughs - I think certain projects end up way more close to deadlines.

Or maybe been working a lot better for them Building hype and then relieving us last minute lol
They’ve pushed extremely close to the deadline in all releases since at least Glory Days and Ark 4. The walkthroughs/demos for Time Micro came so late they extended the intro pricing. I now consider late arriving demos and walkthroughs to be the norm for OT. It will be interesting to see if they extend the intro pricing on JXL Brass.

here is an update

Sounds glorious. Great writing as well. Listening on some PMC AML2s and the depth of field with the Brass is amazing! The seating position is awesome. Going to try and listen with PMC QB1 XBD-As in a bit but they are currently being used. Typical.

This is the feeling I used to have for Christmas morning when I was a little kid. Glad to have that feeling back as a bigger kid.

here is an update

This is perhaps not doable due to copyright etc, but i don't suppose you can dig out the projects for Batman vs Superman or The Dark Tower and mock up the themes for that with JXL Brass can you? :P

Would love to hear how close it can get to the real recordings.

Waiting for the release of the requested Walkthrough 2 video in the next minutes to finally verify our pre-order :sneaky:

Waiting for the release of the requested Walkthrough 2 video in the next minutes to finally verify our pre-order :sneaky:

It was in fact released but for some reason the video is now set to private. I left the tab opened and I'm watching it as I write this... well, I have a hunch that you will indeed hit that pre-order button :)

I received an e-mail from VI that OT posted a 2nd walkthrough on the forum and was like "omg, I need to go see it now!".
But I don't see it.... :(

It was in fact released but for some reason the video is now set to private. I left the tab opened and I'm watching it as I write this... well, I have a hunch that you will indeed hit that pre-order button :)

You must be almost done by now, let us know your impressions please ;)

I received an e-mail from VI that OT posted a 2nd walkthrough on the forum and was like "omg, I need to go see it now!".
But I don't see it.... :(

Same here :(
Apparently it was set to private a bit after it was posted, so I assume something might have gone wrong with the video and they're changing that before posting it again

Just listened to the official trailer and actually in 9.1. Utterly amazing. Everyone in the studio just looked at me and said “what the fuck is this?” I said JXL Brass. Then mix engineer (Ronald Prent) just said, “This sounds fucking amazing. Are you buying this?” Of which I replied, Of course. 😂

229CBC70-8C6E-485D-A74D-BB6871E5F48C.jpeg

Top Bottom