What's new

Orchestral Tools: Junkie XL Brass—new update for solo horn and horn sections available

We just released the 2nd walkthrough

This walkthrough takes you through each instrument of the Junkie XL Brass library.
From solo instruments up to sections of 12 players, listen to the highly consistent articulations and legato patches.

Remember, pre-order includes access to a live masterclass with Junkie XL himself, teaching you how to fully utilize this brass library.

If you have any questions let us know, and we're working on a Demo as we speak..

Best,

OT Team

Yeah, its only at 360p for some reason. Maybe its because we rushed them and they couldn't render it at 4K xD
Jokes aside, finally I could listen to the legatos. Even if the video isn't in best quality,
I think my worries for legatos have gone out the window.

I'm still watching it, but I'm impressed!

EDITED: omg, those transitions from 3:54. This is what I call an informative walkthrough! Amazing.

THESE BASS BONES BOIS(and galls)

Finally a really well sampled a3 bassbones… all ark 1 did was make me want to cry that it wasn't berlin brass quality haha

also, in general that 12 >6x2 >4x3 actually worked wayyyyyy better than I thought it was going to - that's awesome. :mad:

Sounds incredible!

The mod wheel graphic doesn't seem to be moving in the video? Also, couldn't help but think of The Office with the brown key switches
781fea481d963b534a890a41ae672bf1.jpg

Can @OrchestralTools clear something up - in the latest SINE video you said there were no patches labelled legato, but in this walk through there are patches that say "sustain + LEG".

I thought it was just going to be all the patches, and then the ability to turn the legato on or off on them?

Can @OrchestralTools clear something up - in the latest SINE video you said there were no patches labelled legato, but in this walk through there are patches that say "sustain + LEG".

I thought it was just going to be all the patches, and then the ability to turn the legato on or off on them?

I'm assuming +LEG just gets added to the patch name once you apply a legato to an articulation.
Its like that symbol which looks like a "slash" in Capsule displayed around the top lefthand corner of the articulation name in Capsule if you've enabled legato for that articulation. But in SINE, it displays it as "+LEG"

We just released the 2nd walkthrough

This walkthrough takes you through each instrument of the Junkie XL Brass library.
From solo instruments up to sections of 12 players, listen to the highly consistent articulations and legato patches.

Remember, pre-order includes access to a live masterclass with Junkie XL himself, teaching you how to fully utilize this brass library.

If you have any questions let us know, and we're working on a Demo as we speak..

Best,

OT Team

ok, sold!

yeah it's just sustains with legs

your staccato can have a leg too

Perhaps i didnt explain. The other articulations have legato turned on as well, but there is a seperate "sustain + leg" patch on the keyswitch roster. This goes against what the latest SINE player video showed.

damn, the low brass together - even with multiple mics loaded(iirc based on previous examples) its still only like 3.4 gb... i think the sub mic on the tuba is a bit too much in that example - but jesus jerry jones that was meaner than setting fire to a nursing home

Did I mention ya'll need to get berlin brass and woodwinds loaded into sine?!?!?

Perhaps i didnt explain. The other articulations have legato turned on as well, but there is a seperate "sustain + leg" patch on the keyswitch roster. This goes against what the latest SINE player video showed.
No there isn't, they just loaded a 2nd sustain patch and activated legato on it. They had +LEG added to even short articulations in the videos they've shown. It's just the replacement for what used to be the little swoop in Capsule.

Finally finished watching. Really great walkthrough.
Congrats OT, Junkie XL, Alan Meyerson. You guys created an amazing sample library. I'm in.

No there isn't, they just loaded a 2nd sustain patch and activated legato on it. They had +LEG added to even short articulations in the videos they've shown. It's just the replacement for what used to be the little swoop in Capsule.

Oh i see. I didnt see that anywhere else on this video. It only ever seemed to be next to the sustain patch, even when they had legato activated on the short articulations....

See attached..?

Attachments

• legato.jpg
    legato.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom