What's new

United Strings of Europe

I have these and love the tone but never use them. Anybody have a suggestion of which mics I should use to get a nice dry stereo sound? I wish Cory would show us which mics he was using in his examples.

The Sale price is still available ($105) instead of ($700). That's a whopping 85% Off the regular price !

The Sale ends Dec. 18th. So you didn't miss it if you want to buy it before Dec. 18th :)

Here you go : https://www.auddict.com/use#synopsis-sect

So how are you liking these now that you've had them for a bit? My string libraries are the larger orchestral variety, so something more chamber sized is a good addition. Still, there's so little real use (no pun intended) of these that I can find mention of. The demos sometimes sound sort of tinny to me. Anyone else buy them during this sale?

So how are you liking these now that you've had them for a bit? My string libraries are the larger orchestral variety, so something more chamber sized is a good addition. Still, there's so little real use (no pun intended) of these that I can find mention of. The demos sometimes sound sort of tinny to me. Anyone else buy them during this sale?

Hi @Bman70 ,

These are smaller sections, Chamber Strings, so they will complement your current larger sized string libraries very nicely, and they sound wonderful.

I have only tested the shorts, which I kind of knew will be the part of the library I will use a lot, but I have yet to test the legatos, and sustains, and the other articulations. I will post some feedback about them here once I have tested them.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Hi @Bman70 ,

These are smaller sections, Chamber Strings, so they will complement your current larger sized string libraries very nicely, and they sound wonderful.

I have only tested the shorts, which I kind of knew will be the part of the library I will use a lot, but I have yet to test the legatos, and sustains, and the other articulations. I will post some feedback about them here once I have tested them.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

I know, BSS happened and we all got distracted ;)

It’s been a minute since I played this library, but if memory serves me correctly, it was honestly one of the worst string libraries I’ve ever played. I immediately deleted it.

I don't have USE and I'm not quite convinced by the demos. The portamento sounds terrible in my opinion, the legatos rather mediocre. I also miss a bit of vibrato, it sounds very lifeless in parts. The basses and violas are not my taste at all.

But the Sautille articulation especially in the violins sounds damn good, + spot mics.
But is that enough to pay $99 for it? I can't bring myself to buy USE. A few sweetspots seem to be there.

I don't have USE and I'm not quite convinced by the demos. The portamento sounds terrible in my opinion, the legatos rather mediocre. I also miss a bit of vibrato, it sounds very lifeless in parts. The basses and violas are not my taste at all.

But the Sautille articulation especially in the violins sounds damn good, + spot mics.
But is that enough to pay $99 for it? I can't bring myself to buy USE. A few sweetspots seem to be there.
Totally with you. Actually having the library, I'd say you are spot on.

I haven't used these in like 2 years now. Don't buy them for the longs or legatos, it's only the shorts that are useful. They do have quite a delicate tone to them though, so even with the shorts I struggled to get them to work with other libraries.

It’s been a minute since I played this library, but if memory serves me correctly, it was honestly one of the worst string libraries I’ve ever played. I immediately deleted it.
What'd you think of the shorts? One of many reasons I love Nucleus/Areia is the shorts. Cory really liked the shorts in USE, and I agree they do sound nice. Way more natural than the AI stuff. If you're into the chamber size sound..

What'd you think of the shorts? One of many reasons I love Nucleus/Areia is the shorts. Cory really liked the shorts in USE, and I agree they do sound nice. Way more natural than the AI stuff. If you're into the chamber size sound..
I honestly don’t remember, though I probably wouldn’t have deleted the library had I really liked the shorts.

This basically sums up my personal experience with the library. It was overall pretty damn lifeless, and if I remember right, the programming/playability was pretty hit and miss.

The longs were not bad imo. But they didn't have much dynamic layers. But it does have rebow i think. Has lots of mics including a ribbon which i like. I'm glad i got it for the shorts and the ribbon mic. At some point i wanna try to mix the longs with an other string library that has more convincing legato transition cause i like the sound of those strings and the room.

Only used it once on a project. Haven't touched it since 2017.
Perhaps I should revisit to see how it layers with other chamber-sized libs.

Top Bottom