What's new

Spitfire Audio: The Black Weekend - "Aperture" is back on 23.11.2022

Did The Ton leak yet? That's probably the only Spitfire thing I included in my budget.
Not yet. And I looked for it. In the past, you could sometimes find it early if you guessed the URL, but I tried every likely combination and didn't find anything. Even on the old site (still accessible at www2 instead of www). I guess Spitfire figured out how to set a page to publish at a particular time.

Regardless of the playability or usefulness of this library, I'll give big props to Spitfire for doing something fun. I mean, the shot of an orchestra where each player is replaced by a walkman -- that's freakin' hilarious.

Does the tape really impact the sonority? Shrug. Can you get the same effect (if you somehow needed it) with some EQ and whatever? Probably. Are the folks at Spitfire certifiably insane? Yes, definitely!
Yeah, this. I love the madness of it and it’s got me back in the Spitfire shop. Again.

Ears of the beholder and all. Whilst some gripe, others will find great use. Always the same with this stuff.

Might stack up a bunch of Originals this year. Let’s see what midnight brings.

I think it's dope and actually the first Aperture I have a slight interest in. At the same time I don't see myself buying it. It's not something I actually need and I'll most likely won't spend as much money so I'd get is as a freebie (actually only interested in The Ton really). But I think it's cool.

I love the first Aperture, and actually think it sounds better than both SCS and SSS (even though it’s a combination of those libraries). It’s just an awesome and well balanced mic mix, whatever the hell they did.

I missed out on the second aperture (which I regret) and was incredibly underwhelmed by the third one, so I don’t have that one either.

Looking forward to seeing what this one is all about.
You did not miss much imo, the first one was probably the most useful. The Aperture Orchestra is not as well balanced as the Strings (for my workflow that is)

The Stack is fun I must say. But I still, to this day, am not the biggest fan of the SFA Player and find it not very intuitive to use.

Still, the Stack is fun, and I love to play around with it.

I think it's dope and actually the first Aperture I have a slight interest in. At the same time I don't see myself buying it. It's not something I actually need and I'll most likely won't spend as much money so I'd get is as a freebie (actually only interested in The Ton really). But I think it's cool.
Tbh…this year beats the the stack last year…I thought the stack last year was gimmicky daft and certainly not worth the asking price…

With and EDU discount I reckon CS is worth £100

and depending on the what’s in the Ton I might actually get over the cost of entry for it…I have no use for it….but then do most of us need anything we waste our time and money on…😂

Cassette Orchestra in Soltice though will be enough for most.

Top Bottom