What's new

Spitfire Audio: The Black Weekend - "Aperture" is back on 23.11.2022

Cassette orchestras is a bit gimmicky to be honest and I’m sure they know it too. That doesn’t mean. It isn’t interesting in the sound it produces, because it is, and I could hear this being used on modern TV production that want to give things that retro vibe. But it is the sort of thing you might use now but it will date pretty quickly as a style.

However personally I think you can easily do this yourself as there are so many tape emulations out their. Plus you can use real legato if you like and if you still want to use fake legato just use the legato script in EW HO.

The Black Friday sale doesn't officially start until midnight British time, so I wasn't expecting to see the sale prices yet. And I'm not!

Regardless of the playability or usefulness of this library, I'll give big props to Spitfire for doing something fun. I mean, the shot of an orchestra where each player is replaced by a walkman -- that's freakin' hilarious.

Does the tape really impact the sonority? Shrug. Can you get the same effect (if you somehow needed it) with some EQ and whatever? Probably. Are the folks at Spitfire certifiably insane? Yes, definitely!

Regardless of the playability or usefulness of this library, I'll give big props to Spitfire for doing something fun. I mean, the shot of an orchestra where each player is replaced by a walkman -- that's freakin' hilarious.

Does the tape really impact the sonority? Shrug. Can you get the same effect (if you somehow needed it) with some EQ and whatever? Probably. Are the folks at Spitfire certifiably insane? Yes, definitely!
I agree on all points. The calm seriousness of the presentation adds to the fun, too.

This seems to have worked much better than The Stack. While I think that does sound nice, the aperture element of it wasn't good at all. After all, if you add multiple amps playing the same thing you also lose a lot of detail. In person, it must have sounded great and been fun; but I don't think it translated to a fun library. This one sounds more promising.

Doesn't particularly excite me this one. Can probably get similar sounds through effects and have the caussette orchestra in solstice.

I'll be checking out the black Friday deals and hoping it's a good deal on the ton but not bothered about getting this.

I am a silly spitfire fan boi. I saw this and wanted to get it, seeing myself composing dystopian sci-fi stuff.

Then I read here and totally forgot solstice have cassette orchestra (lol) and will now deep dive into that while playing along with Oliver to see how close I can get it. Too bad eDNA do not have key switches or dynamic layers.

So thank you mr Thread for cooling my head! So far I have actually not bought anything during the black week/BF deals. Proud of myself so far but I will see how I feel once I see the black weekend deals.

I have a weak spot for Albion One and SCS (I have Nucleus but Albion one has a different sound). I always read that people are so disappointed by Albion One and they regret it, hence why I have not bought it yet. Always drawn to that big Eye, something mysterious and magical about it…

Same with SCS. A distant dream that promises me it will replace my string libraries, the one and only.

Romantic illusions. Best to keep them that way. Something exciting about that horizon to gaze upon, knowing deep inside it is all a lie. Yet we humans need these dreams, these illusions. We craft them ourselves. They provide hope, comfort, brings out the child inside that see the world in colour. No disappointments, only promises and joy. A romantic illusion in the horizon… never to be caught

Top Bottom