What's new

Sonokinetic Winter Sale

Still deliberating over whether to get Espressivo. I like it but would want to mix it with other libraries. Does anyone have experience blending it with other orchestral libraries from other developers (especially VSL)? Please give me any feedback you have! Thanks!
Sonokinetic offers IRs of the room they record in(Zlin concert hall I believe). Worse case scenario you use close mics of VSL and add Zlin IRs no?

Sonokinetic offers IRs of the room they record in(Zlin concert hall I believe). Worse case scenario you use close mics of VSL and add Zlin IRs no?
Thanks for the suggestion!

I've not had that much experience or luck with IR technology, but I do think that would work.

I looked over the Sonokinetic site and did not find that IR listed anywhere. Do you recall where you saw it?

I suppose it could go the other way too, I could apply the Synchron Hall IR on the close mics of the Sonokinetic orchestra, right?

Yet, I'd still love to know how the two orchestras blend just out of the box.

I've not had that much experience or luck with IR technology, but I do think that would work.

I looked over the Sonokinetic site and did not find that IR listed anywhere. Do you recall where you saw it?

I suppose it could go the other way too, I could apply the Synchron Hall IR on the close mics of the Sonokinetic orchestra, right?

Here you go:

Here you go:
This is very many shades of awesome!
Makes me wish I did any level of orchestral, which would make it worth having more Sonokinetic libs, because that is top end customer enabling behaviour!
Ahh well, guess I'll just keep squeezing lush, organic pads out of the entirely delightful Ostinato Noir.

Just picked up Espressivo and love it! Anyone know if different sections (strings, winds, etc) can be sent to different Kontakt outputs? That would be super cool if we can do that.

It really is pretty wonderful isn't it! And always extra nice when they're NKS! Don't see that a whole lot in free libraries!

Meanwhile, over here in the corner I’m just trying not to feel too envious of those who can capitalize upon all of these freebies with the K7 requirement*. I’m now feeling all but certain there won’t be any freebies this year (and maybe ever again) that remain K6-compatible, but maybe the remaining few days will at least bring one more of the older libraries to me at a good enough discount to be motivational.

:crying:

* To head off the inevitable follow-up questions, I’ll explain: I can‘t run K7 (full or player) because it isn’t compatible with MacOS 10.13, and I dare not upgrade my OS because that would put other, more crucial portions of my studio at risk of not working because they haven’t been updated for newer OS versions.

Meanwhile, over here in the corner I’m just trying not to feel too envious of those who can capitalize upon all of these freebies with the K7 requirement*. I’m now feeling all but certain there won’t be any freebies this year (and maybe ever again) that remain K6-compatible, but maybe the remaining few days will at least bring one more of the older libraries to me at a good enough discount to be motivational.

* To head off the inevitable follow-up questions, I’ll explain: I can‘t run K7 (full or player) because it isn’t compatible with MacOS 10.13, and I dare not upgrade my OS because that would put other, more crucial portions of my studio at risk of not working because they haven’t been updated for newer OS versions.
I just downloaded the free version of K7 - good to go.

Time for VE Pro and a Windows sample computer? Just to run free libraries! Seriously though, it may be the only was to upgrade parts of your system? By the end of next year, most new libraries will probably only run in Kontakt 7.

Time for VE Pro and a Windows sample computer? Just to run free libraries! Seriously though, it may be the only was to upgrade parts of your system? By the end of next year, most new libraries will probably only run in Kontakt 7.
I am running on macOS 12.6 myself. Generally I wait one generation of macOS to upgrade because Universal Audio, Avid and Izotope are often a bit late to be fully compatible and they are essential for my workflow.
I found though that when I bought my current mac and it came with the latest before I would normally upgrade, everything worked just fine, even though many companies said their products weren't compatible yet at that point.
When we started out we made a point to always develop in an older Kontakt version, but the way Native Instruments have improved our developer tools and workflows now it makes much more sense for us to work in the latest production environment.

@Sonokinetic BV Sorry to beat a dead horse here but any communication at all with or from NI over the lack of serials for those of us who purchased Noir? Going on day 3 now and that's not great. : / Thx!

‘Nuff said, if you reread my earlier post. (And no, I’m not changing to a Windows DAW.)
What he meant was to add a server Pc running windows 10 to your system to run whatever doesn't work on your Mac. You could get a cheap used HP workstation or a Dell with VEP to talk to your DAW. That way you're not missing out and you keep your system and upgrade when you're ready. Not saying you should but it's an option.

@Sonokinetic BV Sorry to beat a dead horse here but any communication at all with or from NI over the lack of serials for those of us who purchased Noir? Going on day 3 now and that's not great. : / Thx!
yes apologies for the delays - realistically, NI being a 'proper' company that doesn't work on weekends - we're starting day 2 today. Based on our last couple of serials number orders and the speed at which they were filled I really expect the serials to come in early today (actually I assumed they would come in yesterday already)- I will chase up on it now!

It wouldn't make much sense if their libraries didn't mix well with others. I mean their whole phrase library concept is about adding parts to those phrases. So i wouldn't worry about it too much. If you do have problems I'm sure people here will help you with that if you ask. I think what people usually do is use the libraries as is(- the far mic maybe?) and send everything into an algo. reverb for the tail.

Top Bottom