What's new

Sonokinetic Winter Sale

Totally get it and agreed, however pre recorded analog phrases here have the advantage in saving you the time fiddling around with creating a patch from scratch, matching an existing articulation, setting up a recording chain etc. Plus it all plays seamlessly in a way that an analogue synth could never do without Sonokinetic's tech. This library does what we've dreamed of by giving us melodic and harmonic analogue phrases in the heat of 'need it by the end of the day' composition - Sotto style! Give it a little try, I think you will find it's unique in the way it sounds and plays which is very Sonokinetic. 🙏❤️
Fully agree with Davide here - I too was hesitant at first, but it's not about them just being synth phrases.
In a way it is not so dissimilar to the orchestral phrases, where as a customer you get the benefit of us composing the phrases, booking the musicians and the hall, recording and editing it, and putting it in an instrument where you have all the phrases available at your fingertips (and can really easy randomise a couple of times to get inspired, quickly try chord progressions etc).
In the orchestral recordings we often try out things with performance aspects and use our expertise to judge what will work best in the context of our instrument, in terms of dynamics and expression and such.

With this X instrument you get access to a mouth-watering synth collection recorded through a pristine signal chain, with or without analog effects. As an added bonus they are programmed by people who know them inside and out, and the sounds are crafted alongside their orchestral counterparts (in this case the Sotto phrases). So it is the performances and the sound and the way that is curated to match Sotto that are the main things that convinced me to do this series. There is something about the analog sound that is alive, and I think Davide has captured that with the material included in this product, and when we get the 'bridge' up and running it is going to be so smooth to add a synth layer to Sotto or an orchestral layer to Sotto X - that's when it will really shine!

Fully agree with Davide here - I too was hesitant at first, but it's not about them just being synth phrases.
In a way it is not so dissimilar to the orchestral phrases, where as a customer you get the benefit of us composing the phrases, booking the musicians and the hall, recording and editing it, and putting it in an instrument where you have all the phrases available at your fingertips (and can really easy randomise a couple of times to get inspired, quickly try chord progressions etc).
In the orchestral recordings we often try out things with performance aspects and use our expertise to judge what will work best in the context of our instrument, in terms of dynamics and expression and such.

With this X instrument you get access to a mouth-watering synth collection recorded through a pristine signal chain, with or without analog effects. As an added bonus they are programmed by people who know them inside and out, and the sounds are crafted alongside their orchestral counterparts (in this case the Sotto phrases). So it is the performances and the sound and the way that is curated to match Sotto that are the main things that convinced me to do this series. There is something about the analog sound that is alive, and I think Davide has captured that with the material included in this product, and when we get the 'bridge' up and running it is going to be so smooth to add a synth layer to Sotto or an orchestral layer to Sotto X - that's when it will really shine!
Thank you for elaborating. When I saw X I wasn't sure of its purpose/benefit for me, as phrases on my VI synths are easy for me to do / come up with. Orchestral Sotto on the other hand (as all the other Sonokinetic phrase libraries) add lovely realism that is otherwise harder to program. Can phrases in X be altered or rearranged MIDI-wise, i.e. to avoid copyright strikes? It seems to me perhaps synth phrases would be more vulnerable to that, as are loops, but maybe not with this product.

Last edited:
Thank you for elaborating. When I saw X I didnn't see its purpose/benefit for me, as phrases on my VI synths are easy for me to do / come up with. Orchestral Sotto on the other hand (as all the other Sonokinetic phrase libraries) add lovely realism that is otherwise harder to program. Can phrases in X be altered or rearranged MIDI-wise, i.e. to avoid copyright strikes? It seems to me perhaps synth phrases would be more vulnerable to that, but maybe not.
No they cannot - they are used in the instrument in exactly the same way as the orchestral phrases, no factory presets were used, and the midi material is extracted from the score we used to record Sotto.

An update on my situation - Ken reached out to me and addressed the glitches I was encountering, and I am now the owner of both 80 and Noir. Son also followed up on the support ticket in spite of how busy they are. Good people and customer service at Sonokinetic!

Sonokinetic Winter Sale

Day 9: 🎄massive discount on 🌟 “Indie” only a couple of days for €99 https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale

What he meant was to add a server Pc running windows 10 to your system to run whatever doesn't work on your Mac. You could get a cheap used HP workstation or a Dell with VEP to talk to your DAW. That way you're not missing out and you keep your system and upgrade when you're ready. Not saying you should but it's an option.

That was a different respondent. I saw the post you referred to, but I have a whole different reason for not using VEPro (licensing), and didn’t want to open that can of worms again in this unrelated thread.

Top Bottom