What's new

Something new from Spitfire?

I believe it's not only good for the person who makes products to hear us express gratitude, it's also good for us to live in gratitude for the things that make life better. If all we focus on are the world's problems, our lives can become centered on unhappiness. If we at least wake up grateful to be alive, grateful for the refrigeration that keeps our food fresh longer, grateful for the car that allows us to travel distances only imagined by most human beings 100 years ago, then we can face the world's problems with neither a blind eye to what's bad nor what's good.

Best,

Geoff

Last edited:
Wow, that's a really cynical way to look at things. OF COURSE people that develop and build things get honor and gratitude. Steve Jobs. Bill Gates. Henry Ford. Thomas Edison. Alexander Graham Bell. The Wright brothers. And on and on and on. Everything, in some respect, is a business. Beethoven operated a business of selling music. Shakespeare had a business selling plays. John Williams has a film score business. The Beatles sold pop songs. Just because you're selling something for money doesn't mean you didn't put a lot of blood, sweat, tears and passion into that thing you're selling. And when you do, it's kind of nice for people to express gratitude.
Which they get when the product is good. I already gave an example for that. CSS would be another. Also it's funny since you mention Bill Gates. Yes you can be grateful that Windows exist, in the same way you can be grateful in general that for example Spitfire is creating libraries. Doesn't mean that Windows ME or Vista were not pure shit. Just saying that people should be grateful if the work is good. I'm not paying for effort, I'm paying for the end result. I can compose a piece of music and put a lot of effort in it, but when it's shit it's shit and nobody will pay me for it. Anyway I'm heavily overtired right now and I'm actually cursing way too much, so whatever.

Website updated...

smc0170_homepage_holding_960_v3_compressed.jpg

Top Bottom