What's new

PocketBlakus - Emotional Solo Cello Freebie (Kontakt 4.2.4+)

You’re a new member with 1 post. Welcome to this forum.

Please understand that Tomislav is not in any way representing the people who sold you the Pocket Blakus VI. (Or actually gave you the instrument).

I am wondering though…. Wouldn’t a normal coarse of action be to contact the reseller who sold you the product? Rather than go on a forum and ask someone you’ve never met to put in the effort to help you?

Of course this forum is all about musicians helping musicians, but this request does come across as… I don’t know… asking a little too much from someone you don’t know? Maybe it would be polite to introduce yourself first or something? Instead of making your first post a request like this?

Anyway. It’s none of my business. Welcome on this forum. And congratulations with the wedding.
Sorry to offend anyone, I was just browsing the internet wondering if someone had the same problem as me or if I just don't know/can't do something. It just so happened that someone had the same problem on this forum and also someone else solved this problem. If Tomislav didn't want to share the file again (which the internet says is free) and refused or ignored me - I wouldn't have a problem with that. Perhaps during registration there was a forum savoir vivre somewhere - unfortunately I did not notice it.
Until now, I wrote music only for a drawer or for live instruments at hand, so this is my first post on any forum.

Sorry to offend anyone, I was just browsing the internet wondering if someone had the same problem as me or if I just don't know/can't do something. It just so happened that someone had the same problem on this forum and also someone else solved this problem. If Tomislav didn't want to share the file again (which the internet says is free) and refused or ignored me - I wouldn't have a problem with that. Perhaps during registration there was a forum savoir vivre somewhere - unfortunately I did not notice it.
Until now, I wrote music only for a drawer or for live instruments at hand, so this is my first post on any forum.
No problem. Apologies if I offended you. It felt weird to me but I guess that’s just how the internet works nowadays. ;)

Hopefully someone or @TomislavEP will be able to help you!

Could you please share this file again?
I really need spiccato for my first dance at the wedding...
I bought the full version of Kontakt for this cello today and found the plugin incomplete.
If you bought the full version of Kontakt, there is a Solo Cello in the old Kontakt Factory Library I think. Not sure if they added a new one for the latest release.

And if you have an issue with the free cello, have you tried re-downloading pocket blakus from vstbuzz?

If you can use another legato cello, check out this free one by performance samples:
Doesn't have spiccato, but for legato melodies I liked it a lot.

Some strange responses to your request. I can confirm that the file is missing from the download at VST buzz. You did not do anything wrong in the download process. I remember this thread from back in August, and went to check at the time and the download was indeed missing the second file.

since the download is free and you have already registered and downloaded the incomplete instrument, hopefully someone here can help you with the missing nki.

Last edited:
@kameckaz, I was in a hurry yesterday and misinterpreted your post. You mentioned a purchase earlier; I wrongly assumed that you were talking about the commercial "Blakus Cello" library from Embertone.

Speaking of the free "pocketBlakus", here is another link, this time hosted on my MEGA account. Hopefully, this one won't expire:

This version contains the elusive spiccato patch, however, there is still a problem with the missing wallpaper. I tried to do a resave to fix it, but unfortunately, the patch now doesn't have wallpaper at all - just the ugly default beige background. For some reason, the physical wallpaper file doesn't exist in my copy of "pocketBlakus". The patch is still perfectly functional, though.

Hope this helps.

I realize I'm performing a bit of nercormancy posting here. But Does anyone know how to get this working with Kontakt 5. I have the full kontakt 5, but only the player for the newer versions. It will load in the player of kontakt 7 as a demo version so I can hear it and yeah, its pretty good, but whenever I try to open it in kontakt 5 it says that its to old, despite it saying on the website it can be opened in the kontakt 5 or later.

PocketBlakus is an open Kontakt library so you cannot use it in the Kontakt Player without the time restriction. If your Kontakt 5 says "too old", it probably means this copy of PocketBlakus was batch resaved on some higher version of Kontakt. The only way around that is to find a copy not resaved on a higher version than K5. The one I posted above was resaved on K6, but you can try to get the one from VSTBuzz instead:

P.S. If you're looking for a quality yet free alternative to PocketBlakus, check out this library:

Top Bottom