What's new

Performance Samples discussion thread

I assume it's single dynamic layer? It would be awesome if he ever recorded a more reserved soft layer solo strings library.

Really excited that the violin has legato transition options!
Legato is one dynamic, but there are multiple dynamics recorded for the other articulations. In the future, Jasper tells me he does want to do multi-dynamic full solo strings.

In fact, I'm just playing around with the pacific solos as we speak. I think you folks are really going to love the violin marcato patch. It behaves beautifully under the fingers. Great sound that blends perfectly with the ensemble marcato patch. Like the ensemble marcato patch, it also works well as a (third) short patch for the solo violin (there are spicc and staccato). To me, this is a "sampled gold" patch.

Also playing around with some Vista 2 builds. Jasper has told me that the Vista 2 sessions have been more than double the cost of the Pacific strings sessions and those extra resources are going into additional dynamics primarily (especially in the legatos). Standouts so far are the absolutely insane depth captured for the sordinos. Jasper managed to get a layer of fortissimo at the very top that is truly powerful in a surprising and good way. Very useful. Trills have a similarly intense "top" layer for those moments where you need an extra bit of grit and power. Still easy to drop down a tad on the modwheel and experience "regular" fortissimo, though.

Legatos are (as has been discussed) very, very deeply sampled re: dynamics and I'm particularly pleased with the way vibrato is handled at the lower dynamics...very tasteful, present, but more subdued than in the original Vista and Pacific. Great to have options.

Legatos are (as has been discussed) very, very deeply sampled re: dynamics and I'm particularly pleased with the way vibrato is handled at the lower dynamics...very tasteful, present, but more subdued than in the original Vista and Pacific. Great to have options.
I might know the answer, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Any idea how far Vista II has been completed at this point?

Regarding FS3, I think I saw solo violin, viola, cello and bass in the list which was a screenshot posted on his Facebook. I think solo instruments would be a first for the FS series.

Regarding FS3, I think I saw solo violin, viola, cello and bass in the list which was a screenshot posted on his Facebook. I think solo instruments would be a first for the FS series.
Yes, Solo Violin, Viola, Cello and Bass with separate Spic and Stac patches for each.
The main (ensemble sections) seem to only have a single patch.

JB's way of creating libraries really is kinda unique. Want a legato chamber strings library? Great you can have it, and all though you didn't ask, also take this harp, fully deep sampled solo strings, another harp (+ harmonics) and symphonic sized choir with it. By the way, it's not only legato, but a complete strings library now. Everything up to 50 dynamic layers. No second violins though. To be released this month (probably not)!

Honestly though, I'm happy to hear Pacific Solo Strings is now in beta testing!

Depends, weren't they originally supposed to be released a couple months ago?

JB posted on his Instagram that the Beta testers have just received their copy of the solo strings.
He alsno announced on Instagram a late July / early August release. So much for the reliability of all those announcements hehe. Thanks for the clarification!

I might know the answer, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Any idea how far Vista II has been completed at this point?
Jasper’s main focus right now is on wrapping up the Pacific Solos. I believe he’s told me that the Vista II sessions are more or less finished. I’ve been testing a subset of VII early alpha patches, but Jasper has basically every patch in a playable form already. He does that immediately after a session to get a feel for how it behaves as a patch and to help him prepare and tweak for the next session. So every patch is already playable, but I’m only testing a subset available to me.

Jasper’s main focus right now is on wrapping up the Pacific Solos. I believe he’s told me that the Vista II sessions are more or less finished. I’ve been testing a subset of VII early alpha patches, but Jasper has basically every patch in a playable form already. He does that immediately after a session to get a feel for how it behaves as a patch and to help him prepare and tweak for the next session. So every patch is already playable, but I’m only testing a subset available to me.
How are the attacks of the lower dynamics in those Vista 2 patches? I've always considered the attacks in Vista and Pacific a bit too strong. Especially since Jasper dropped the option of two different attack types. What's the lowest dynamic for the legatos recorded, pp?

How are the attacks of the lower dynamics in those Vista 2 patches? I've always considered the attacks in Vista and Pacific a bit too strong. Especially since Jasper dropped the option of two different attack types. What's the lowest dynamic for the legatos recorded, pp?

10 or 11 dynamics of sustains AND intervals on the legatos and the lowest layer is a real ppp-pppp, with another (from what I'm aware) 4 to 6 layers of quieter dynamics before even reaching around mf. As for attacks, I'm not entirely sure as they're not finalized yet.

have you had a chance to test Pacific Brass? if so, any thoughts thus far?

10 or 11 dynamics of sustains AND intervals on the legatos and the lowest layer is a real ppp-pppp, with another (from what I'm aware) 4 to 6 layers of quieter dynamics before even reaching around mf. As for attacks, I'm not entirely sure as they're not finalized yet.
Guess I need to start clearing disk space…

Thanks for the additional info. The Vista II teaser patch which Jasper released had 5 layers, from p to forte (it said in the filename). Was just wondering how many dynamics/layers below p he was going to add/record. I personally really like a strings library which can also go very very softly. And if the legatos incorporate those 'whisper' sustains that would be great news.

Reactions: Vik
oceania and oceania II are on massive sale again

but with the looming yet oh so distant release of pacific brass, i'm sitting here secretly wishing for a cut price on caspian
Not sure if this is correct, but I looked at Caspian and it says $239 on the website, but when I click Purchase it says €93.70. So I assume it's on sale, even though it hasn't been advertised. But I haven't gone through with the purchase yet, so I can't guarantee anything.
Same for Angry Brass Pro (Solo and Ensemble), Angry Woodwinds and the complete Angry-bundle. When you click Purchase, a lower amount is displayed.

Top Bottom