What's new

Nolan’s Oppenheimer (Ludwig Göransson)

If you decide to watch it though, it spoils absolutely nothing - which is incredible. 60 seconds. Very little footage but it's incredibly exciting.

Agreed, it will absolutely create hype without actually telling you a single thing, well worth the watch

No one makes teasers like Nolan. I always go back to the Dunkirk and Tenet teasers

That TENET teaser changed everything for me, Rainy Night In Tallinn is my favorite piece of music ever made and that was the first time I heard it, my life took a different direction after that, I still rewatch that teaser all the time!!

That TENET teaser changed everything for me, Rainy Night In Tallinn is my favorite piece of music ever made and that was the first time I heard it, my life took a different direction after that, I still rewatch that teaser all the time!!
I didn't care much for it when I first heard but it grew on me as I rewatched the teaser. Shortly after I became addicted to it and now it's one my favorite pieces of music ever made. It never gets old.

Trailer is officially out now!!!

Great teaser. Music sounds like Ligeti's Requiem in places with those brass swells (w/o the micropolyphonic choir). Really nice. The original Godzilla 2014 trailer used the Requiem and to this day it is the best teaser I've ever seen. It was amazing.

Great teaser. Music sounds like Ligeti's Requiem in places with those brass swells (w/o the micropolyphonic choir). Really nice. The original Godzilla 2014 trailer used the Requiem and to this day it is the best teaser I've ever seen. It was amazing.

Ludwig killed this teaser that’s for sure!! Absolutely menacing piece of music

so he provided the music? Ok, call me impressed. Suits the subject matter too.

Yep!! Nolan always includes a snippet of the score in his teasers, he’s been doing it for as long as I can remember

He is scoring it for sure. But to me, Zimmer is the true visionary. Goransson's Tenet sounded like a demo for Damage loops.
I guess it depends on how shallow ones perception of a given thing is.
A person who doesn't like jazz will feel all jazz sounds the same/generic. Well Hello! :D
That doesn't mean that's true, just means I have a shallow perception of it due to not being "into it" and not listening much. But at least I know it rather than running around and making myself look funny by saying all jazz sounds the same ;)

So excited for a new Nolan movie! Will go through his filmography a week or so before Oppenheimer releases -- hopefully, he chooses CGI for explosions and not, the real thing...:emoji_fearful:

God, I'm so tired of that joke...

DNEG's work with Nolan has always been incredibly impressive. I can already see it being nominated for VFX as always. I wonder if there's a need or a way to be mathematically accurate (like they did with Interstellar) or they will just do whatever fits their artistic vision.

God, I'm so tired of that joke...

DNEG's work with Nolan has always been incredibly impressive. I can already see it being nominated for VFX as always. I wonder if there's a need or a way to be mathematically accurate (like they did with Interstellar) or they will just do whatever fits their artistic vision.

I had that thought a few weeks ago, I think they’ll take some of the mathematics into account but only to a certain extent

I wonder if they'll mention/utilize the "barn" unit. From https://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html (HyperPhysics):

Nuclear Cross Section
To characterize the probability that a certain nuclear reaction will take place, it is customary to define an effective size of the nucleus for that reaction, called a cross section. The cross section is defined by

nreac3.png

The cross section has the units of area and is on the order of the square of the nuclear radius. A commonly used unit is the barn:

1 barn = 10-28m2

A standard old story was that in the early days of the field, a particular cross section turned out to be much bigger than expected. An experimenter exclaimed "Why, that's as big as a barn!" and a unit name was born.

I can't wait to hear it in the cinema next year and have my mind completely blown again by this guy

Top Bottom