What's new

Nolan’s Oppenheimer (Ludwig Göransson)

I’ve now seen both the normal trailer that will be released online as well as the IMAX exclusive trailer and I can say with 100% certainty that this movie will be amazing. Both trailers are very different from each other and in my opinion the IMAX one is far superior so if you have the opportunity to see Avatar in IMAX you should go just for this trailer alone, that’s what I’m doing tomorrow morning

Just saw the IMAX exclusive trailer in person and I can confirm it was among the greatest things I’ve ever seen in my life, the music was incredible, it has the same elements from the teaser trailer but with massive sub pulses and even more aggressive, dissonant orchestral textures, my excitement level is at an all time high right now

And yes, I left as soon as the trailer was over, no way I’m sitting through 3 hours of that Avatar garbage lol

First official trailer is online!!

• Haha
Reactions: KEM
I’ve gotten confirmation that the music in the official trailer is in fact Ludwig’s. The music in the IMAX exclusive trailer is also Ludwig and is in my opinion it’s much better, but I’m biased since I like extremely dark music. Going off both trailers this score is going to cover a lot of ground and I’m very excited about it

Listening back to the latest trailer, the music really reminded me of Man of Steel, and I wonder if that's entirely intentional. I mean, juxtaposing Oppenheimer to Superman is an interesting framing. Both have vast power and are trying to figure out a moral compass for wielding it.

I’ve gotten my hands on the file for the IMAX exclusive trailer and man, the music in it is insane, soooo much better than the music in the standard trailer and I already loved that a lot, if the movie has more of the tone from the IMAX trailer then we’re in for something very special

There’s a new poster for the film as well as a new trailer that’s showing in front of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and it is such a good trailer, hoping to see it drop online soon

The trailer is quite good. The music, while good doesn’t really do it for me. There is a god-like majestic message to it which I feel is wrong. These men with this one event have unleashed what can only be described as the ultimate horror on humanity. When they pushed that button they truly did not know if our atmosphere would be ignited and burned away yet they did it anyway. There should be some sense of that at least hinted at in the music. Because as all god-like things seem to do, our lives are usually not the better for it.

The trailer is quite good. The music, while good doesn’t really do it for me. There is a god-like majestic message to it which I feel is wrong. These men with this one event have unleashed what can only be described as the ultimate horror on humanity. When they pushed that button they truly did not know if our atmosphere would be ignited and burned away yet they did it anyway. There should be some sense of that at least hinted at in the music. Because as all god-like things seem to do, our lives are usually not the better for it.

I believe that’s the point, the tone of the trailer shifts drastically at the very end and the music certainly reflects that, they flip it on it’s head and leave you with a sense of dread

I believe that’s the point, the tone of the trailer shifts drastically at the very end and the music certainly reflects that, they flip it on it’s head and leave you with a sense of dread
I'll be curious to see what the movie sounds like. It's one I am excited for.

Top Bottom