What's new

Negative Track Delay Database / Spreadsheet

I asked the question about the track delay for VSL Synchron Woodwinds, because I have - once again - started a template, this time with all my orchestral on a local VEPro and on a PC VEPro. Following the guidelines from David I have created a long and short version for every instrument. I have far too many libraries and the main part are from VSL, so this discussion about "to track delay or not to track delay" made me test a VSL Synchron Strings Pro staccato (short) patch + Synchron Strings 1 long patch against a snare from Superior.

As expected the snare is right on the beat, but I found that a track delay of -70 ms was needed to make the staccato strings line up and surprisingly the long string patch also sounded quite on time with a delay of -70ms.

Please take a listen and let me know if you think that I'm right about that!

Attachments

• VSL delay test 1.mp3
    314.1 KB
I'm looking for negative track delay information for the followings library:
- Soaring High Strings
- Thematic Horns
- Thematic Trumpets
Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance! :)
At least for the legatos, the delays are included in the manuals on the SF website. Soaring Strings has a delay of -200 ms when the offset is set to 0. Horns 125 ms for the performance legato. All info taken from the manuals, not verified by trail and error.

Top Bottom