What's new

Mac Studio (New Hardware Mac Computer)!!!!

gsilbers

Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com
ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh yeah

faster than new mac pro with 28 cores!

80% faster than the fastest mac pro intel

using m1 ultra (see other thread)

up 128gb of memory.

finally....

fotos soon but its like a fat mac mini. tiny

not gonna be cheap Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 2.08.52 PM.png

Last edited:
Yeah but then again it starts with 64gb of ram and a 1tb hard drive, so not terrible for what you get, all you’d really need is more storage and you’re set
true. if its beats high end mac pro then makes sense as those are like $16,000 - $30,000!!!!!

Is this finally the “VIC approved” mid range Mac desktop we’ve been waiting for? 😳

lol

i think its more like high end in a small package. at $4k "starting price" that can beat $10k+ mac pros and (maybe pcs) then it might be the new mac pro we have all been waiting for. (minus the expansion pci)

Yeah but then again it starts with 64gb of ram and a 1tb hard drive, so not terrible for what you get, all you’d really need is more storage and you’re set

im sure thunderbolt4 is good enough for us but the internal expansion seems limited. ram at least. not sure ssd. they metioned up to 8tb inside.

I have the feeling that we wont be able to get the 128gb ram version unless its m1 ultra chip which is the most expensive. too bad though. the other m1 are pretty good imo.

It's actually the Mac Mini Pro isn't it? Having only recently got a second hand trash can Pro which serves my purposes for now it's too soon for me, but will be interesting to watch what people make of this.

I have the feeling that we wont be able to get the 128gb ram version unless its m1 ultra chip which is the most expensive. too bad though. the other m1 are pretty good imo.

128gb of ram is overkill in my opinion, just use VEP and purge tracks and you can even get away with 32gb. Only reason I could ever see anyone needing 128gb is if they have like 2k tracks in their template and nothings purged, but that just doesn’t make any sense to me either

Well I'm right now looking for an all in one, VEP+Logic+ProTools machine, with 64GB of memory (although 96 or 128 might be nice for futureproofing...)

I was looking at the 16" Macbook Pro with M1 Max (10 CPU cores, 24 GPU), 64GB RAM and 2TB SSD. That was going to total $4,100.

With this new Mac Studio, I can get the exact same hardware specs for $3,000.

Any reason I shouldn't nab that deal? It's basically $1,100 off and go buy a cheaper monitor + keyboard, right? Anything else I should know?

The next step up in price would be to get the M1 Ultra + 128GB RAM. That's truly a monster computer, more powerful than most existing composer desktops I'd bet. It's also $5,000 though haha, up to $6k if you want more hard drive space too.

Top Bottom