What's new

Introducing Musio 1 - The Non-Subscription Option!

If that’s the case, then you chose the wrong hobby! Take a look at the thread where people list the libraries that they purchased and regretted. I think everyone has at least one of those experiences, and many of their regrets cost more that $200.

If Musio was $1000, then it would seem like a big risk, but at $199, I could live with that loss, if it were to ever happen. I already learned a lot by playing with the different instruments.
I may have worded that wrong. I'm well aware how hellishly expensive this can get. It already is for me too. My point there was to end up spending that sum to something that'll just disappear. But I guess that's really a risk with any library that's dependent on electronic licensing.

It's also even more a case with companies that use fastspring for their product downloads. So, yeah.

all i own from Cinnesamples are the Tina Guo libraries.
I got about 6TB of Libraries and i am quite well covered.
definitely buying this for 199 dollars though.

Since Musio 1 is on sale again: is there any info out there on when mic positions will come to Musio?
Oh jeez that came back faster than I expected, I felt I might've missed out the first time and was waiting for another sale like this, but thought it would be far enough off I'd have time to demo everything later... :emoji_sweat_smile:

I have not followed the whole thread but as I could not find anything on the last/first sites: could you built a multi from different instruments with musio like its standard evrywhere else (kontakt, falcon, bestservice.....) ?

Otherwise definitely a request.

Yes, you can! :)
I was wondering cause in the standalone version it seems you can only use one of the libraries you loaded. But you are right: in the plugin all the libraries you load work together.

Only downside (and I dont think you can overlook anything in this......ahhh....very tidy gui): no panning o_O?

But I am sure at least a very rural mixer will come up someday (like in orchestral tools) cause otherwise it really dont make no sense.

I was wondering cause in the standalone version it seems you can only use one of the libraries you loaded. But you are right: in the plugin all the libraries you load work together.

Only downside (and I dont think you can overlook anything in this......ahhh....very tidy gui): no panning o_O?

But I am sure at least a very rural mixer will come up someday (like in orchestral tools) cause otherwise it really dont make no sense.
Oh, yeah, didn't think about panning, there definately should be one if there's not yet..!)

Finally had time the last couple days to play around with the trial, while the controls occasionally leave something to be desired... whew... it sounds pretty damn good, it's kind of hard to believe they're selling this for $200... I mean, orchestra, AND a couple choirs, AND some solo instruments, AND percussion, AND other stuff I haven't even gotten to checking out yet... even just a year or two ago when I was looking for my first orchestral sample library there were no deals nearly this good.

I’m subbed till next Jan. But should I just buy Musio 1? Or just use it and wait till Black Friday or Christmas?(hope see more content or musio 2 then!)

I'm trying to search and see if it's possible to play multiple instruments at the same time. Trying it out, I have 12 horn ensemble and 4 horn ensemble loaded but only the selected instrument plays. I have the midi selection set on all or 1 but still both won't play at the same time.

I'm trying to search and see if it's possible to play multiple instruments at the same time. Trying it out, I have 12 horn ensemble and 4 horn ensemble loaded but only the selected instrument plays. I have the midi selection set on all or 1 but still both won't play at the same time.
Plays fine here if both are set to the same midi channel.

By the way, does your wording imply there might be an official Linux version one day? I'd definitely set $299 to the side for that! I'm also willing to help with some beta testing.
Same here. I've been using Reaper on Linux for several years now. Recently updated my license for version 7. I'm an open source advocate, but I also understand that devs have to eat, too. I've purchased plugins from U-He, Audio Damage, AudioThing, and *many* others.

I'd be happy to pay for a good sample library player. Ditto for beta testing!

I have a favor to ask.... Can somebody check to see if they're getting a dynamics issue on the CineStrings Solo - Chamber Ensemble | Keyswitch patch? If I push the dynamics up from an external fader it cuts the signal off completely. It's fine from 0-50 and then stops. I reported the issue to Cimesamples but haven't heard back. Trying to see if it's just my machine. Also, if I look at the file in Musio Connect, it's only coming in at 225MB instead of 4GB (which explains a lot). I tried deleting the file and reinstalling but it's still not working. Thanks!

I have a favor to ask.... Can somebody check to see if they're getting a dynamics issue on the CineStrings Solo - Chamber Ensemble | Keyswitch patch? If I push the dynamics up from an external fader it cuts the signal off completely. It's fine from 0-50 and then stops. I reported the issue to Cimesamples but haven't heard back. Trying to see if it's just my machine. Also, if I look at the file in Musio Connect, it's only coming in at 225MB instead of 4GB (which explains a lot). I tried deleting the file and reinstalling but it's still not working. Thanks!
edit: didn’t read your post carefully enough…
I reported this exact patch a few days ago and heard back from them :) I’ve had the exact same problem with other patches ( sustained patches) and they’ve all been fixed. Maybe it will take some extra time now as they’re fixing the mic positions (I hope hahha)
It’s the cheapest, but still the best investment I’ve done so far so no complaints!

Well, after playing around short while, I noticed what seems to be a programming error in the "Cinewinds Pro" Duduk.

It's actually completely unplayable, because the sample loop is set very short, and it loops from the wrong spot with long articulations. It's a very distinct and clear loop cutoff sound which makes it unusable.

Is there going to be a fix for it?

Well, after playing around short while, I noticed what seems to be a programming error in the "Cinewinds Pro" Duduk.

It's actually completely unplayable, because the sample loop is set very short, and it loops from the wrong spot with long articulations. It's a very distinct and clear loop cutoff sound which makes it unusable.

Is there going to be a fix for it?
If you report it to support, most likely.

@ananmusatili just in case if you have never submitted a support "feedback" report here's how:
1. Open the Musio player with the instrument in question
2. Click the 3-horizontal-lines icon in the upper R.H. corner, then
3. Click "Submit Feedback" in the pop-up menu.
4. Type in your report then click Submit

In my 1 year of Musio experience the support team has been very responsive.
Good luck!

@ananmusatili just in case if you have never submitted a support "feedback" report here's how:
1. Open the Musio player with the instrument in question
2. Click the 3-horizontal-lines icon in the upper R.H. corner, then
3. Click "Submit Feedback" in the pop-up menu.
4. Type in your report then click Submit

In my 1 year of Musio experience the support team has been very responsive.
Good luck!
Yep, I'm very, very new to Musio, so this is my first Rodeo. Thanks.

EDIT: I opened a discussion here, because I keep uncovering bad quality issues with Musio libraries: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/musio-quality-issues-or-is-it-just-me.151114/#post-5530317

Last edited:
Top Bottom