What's new

Greatest hybrid pop songs with orchestral accompaniment that you know?

Are you guys familiar with NF - The Search. I guess its hiphop orchestral cinematic or something like that, not exactly pop music orchestral, but Dang! What a great track. Had to throw it in. And the mixing, with bass staccato left side, how music is switched off, and cinematic effects. The lyrics are right in place with the strange times going on. Its a piece of artistry from vid to lyrics to composition - the guy rightfully hit the jackpot.

A whole thread could be made on it, from mixing to basically the complete artistry it represents, but being modest, putting it here. Really wish we could have more this stuff on this forum.

This imo is an amazing live pop-gospel rendition of “I Believe I Can Fly “ Yolanda Adams is singing (she is simply amazing, one of my favorite singers ❤️) with a full orchestra.

Whilst we're on a Massive Attack tip, here's their spine tingling hip hop, orchestral , soul infused 90's classic. Those strings!!
Bristol's finest :emoji_heart_eyes:

Richard Ashcroft is a great singer and songwriter, deserves more recognition
Let me just acknowledge that. Richard Ashcroft is my absolute favourite rock singer of all time. ❤️

No orchestration here. Sorry for the off-topic. But I just love this man’s voice.

ok so slightly off topic but related!
Here's legendary global House night promoter and label, Cream. Cream Classics, live at Liverpool Cathedral with an orchestra and choir, many of these tracks were in the charts during the late 80's and throughout the 90's in the UK.

Here's BBC Radio 1 with Pete Tong and the heritage orchestra peforming more Dance anthems at The Royal Albert Hall. Again, pretty much all of these tracks have been in the charts and heard very much on the airwaves around the world. Classics and also a great example of hybrid orchestral use!

So, it says Bowie wrote the original Life On Mars template, as a parody to Sinatras, My Way. Maybe, but it certainly developed from that. Without Life on Mars, Bowies fame could be disputed - maybe - but this seals it. You can't dispute Bowies talent bcs of this track. Same goes for Kate Bush, Wuthering Heights. They are identical from that perspective.

So, it says Bowie wrote the original Life On Mars template, as a parody to Sinatras, My Way. Maybe, but it certainly developed from that. Without Life on Mars, Bowies fame could be disputed - maybe - but this seals it. You can't dispute Bowies talent bcs of this track. Same goes for Kate Bush, Wuthering Heights. They are identical from that perspective.

Yeah Life on Mars is a masterpiece. It’s also so satisfying to sing at karaoke. I’m not familiar much with Kate bush I’ll check that out.

Mariya Takeuchi - Plastic Love

Strings start at 01:08 and they just get better and better. I am just amazed how soft they play and still they managed to make a pocket for them in the mix. Hot dang!

Top Bottom