What's new

Controversial opinions

Here's a more serious one. Im throwing this in, so I can dig it up to boast about it, after 2-3 years:

"Africa--> food crisis-->famine-->migration-->Ebola-->moonshot. Investing in pandemics is good decision now".
Wait... what?!

Edit: BTW that preview is wrong you have to click through, that's just the first post on that page, I think Robert Plant is awesome lol.

Wait... what?!

Edit: BTW that preview is wrong you have to click through, that's just the first post on that page, I think Robert Plant is awesome lol.
do i need to say more. that is wfp. once you get that in system, you must go further, and connect dots. hey, we saw this years ago. years.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 11.19.26 PM.png

Not just Once Upon A Time in Hollywood I’m afraid.

By mimicking / paying tribute to B-movies, you end up with B-movies.

After Jackie Brown, there are no movies I’ve watched twice. I almost left the theatre at Kill Bill.
Sadly agree -- Pulp Fiction was interesting in an experimental sense, and had great music and actors, but if you had watched it in chrono order I'm not sure it would have been as appealing.

Kill Bill was just...silly in places. Carried by the actors alone, but after that one, I never saw the need to watch another QT movie.

Most controversial opinion I believe in: coffee is a terrible misunderstanding, a huge glitch in human history. Who in their right mind went: lets pick that berry, throw it in the fire, pour water over the resulting coals and drink whatever concoction I get out of it? Well, as was to be expected of such a procedure, the result is a bitter, sour, burnt something that surely only through an unparalleled case of 'The Emperor's New Clothes' can have become the ubiquitious drink it is today. I cannot fathom anybody really enjoying that taste. Experts keep telling: 'It's such a complex taste. It has up to 42 different aromatics'. Yes. And so does biting into a car tire.
Without 18th-century coffeehouses, no Enlightenment. (You might think this a good trade, I suppose.)

Most controversial opinion I believe in: coffee is a terrible misunderstanding, a huge glitch in human history. Who in their right mind went: lets pick that berry, throw it in the fire, pour water over the resulting coals and drink whatever concoction I get out of it? Well, as was to be expected of such a procedure, the result is a bitter, sour, burnt something that surely only through an unparalleled case of 'The Emperor's New Clothes' can have become the ubiquitious drink it is today. I cannot fathom anybody really enjoying that taste. Experts keep telling: 'It's such a complex taste. It has up to 42 different aromatics'. Yes. And so does biting into a car tire.
Boredom + Hunger ==> things that change Human history.

I have at *least* two too many. But there's no selling them or giving them away, so that's a lesson learnt.
Lets not forget that we are not buying the libraries, just the right to use them. If you do not need the "spare" two anymore, you've probably already used them up. o_O

I don't like impressionism. Don't like the music, don't like the paintings. I can appreciate the artistry and the genius of coming up with something new that had never been done before, but I still hate it (with a few notable exceptions).

Top Bottom