What's new

Controversial opinions

Performance Samples libaries don't sound good. Just something about the room sound that sounds unpleasant. Tweaking the mics doesn't do it for me. I'm basing this off the libraries I have : Caspian, Fluid Brass, Oceania, various freebies.
Interesting. What about the demos made with them? Same problem for you?

This doesn’t sound good to you?

Interesting. What about the demos made with them? Same problem for you?

This doesn’t sound good to you?

That sounds good. But not when in my hands. Hehe. They do have qualities I like, which is why I bought a few. Hoping someday jasper can have access to the rooms and equipment the big players do.

Most controversial opinion I believe in: coffee is a terrible misunderstanding, a huge glitch in human history. Who in their right mind went: lets pick that berry, throw it in the fire, pour water over the resulting coals and drink whatever concoction I get out of it? Well, as was to be expected of such a procedure, the result is a bitter, sour, burnt something that surely only through an unparalleled case of 'The Emperor's New Clothes' can have become the ubiquitious drink it is today. I cannot fathom anybody really enjoying that taste. Experts keep telling: 'It's such a complex taste. It has up to 42 different aromatics'. Yes. But so does biting into a car tire.
Tea is just dirty water

Controversial Opinion: most YouTube channels are just like drug dealers peddling products and gossip, feeding into people’s GAS and need to be in on news and scandal.

Whatever alternative media they think they’re creating in contrast to traditional media, they’re actually worse by being far less honest about their motives of monetary gain and notoriety. At least when tv news is sensational they say it’s for the ratings. Youtubers use clickbait titles and blame it on the algorithm while trying to convince us they’re noble and doing it for the integrity of their channel. Even after that most of them still ask for direct financial support.

YouTube is the kingpin. YouTubers are the drug dealers. Content is the drug with the only purpose of getting you hooked and hoping you consume and buy more.

Tea is just dirty water

Tea actually makes sense. You boil the dirty water to kill the bacteria and make it drinkable. Then you add some herb or other to add a mildly floral bouquet. If brewing tea involved burning to the ground the herbs first, then I'd be with you.

I have the same with red wine.
Red wine is an interesting one. I am reasonably certain that it was created when an incompetent vintner failed to stop the fermentation in time. Sauser (new wine) is the product you actually want to have. It has the right balance between sweetness and alcohol. Makes drinking it pure joy.
After our clumsy vintner botched the process of creating new vine, naturally the question arose what to do with the heavy, red result. Drinking it straight is a misapplication that was bound to come up. When used properly, red wine is an important and tasty cooking ingredient, especially in heavy sauces. When in a pinch, you can also use it for dyeing fabrics.

I am told some people actually enjoy that foul liquid called “beer,” too.
My theory about beer - that nobody wants to hear, but I am going to relate it anyways: nice try. For maybe half a second, beer can taste quite interesting and not unpleasant. Right before your taste buds get cauterized by downright absurd bitterness that puts even coffee to shame. Whoever invented it, they show that genius and madness are two sides of the same coin.

Thanks @tmhuud. Don't get me started on carbonated water.

Maybe one of these days I'll get around writing the small lexicon of human beverages. That's just what mankind has been waiting for.

My theory about beer - that nobody wants to hear, but I am going to relate it anyways: nice try. For maybe half a second, beer can taste quite interesting and not unpleasant. Right before your taste buds get cauterized by downright absurd bitterness that puts even coffee to shame. Whoever invented it, they show that genius and madness are two sides of the same coin.
What I learned from the local pub, which has been open since 1487, is that in the past, beer was used as a way to pay the local workers. Not only that, but brewed beer was the only way they could ensure not spreading diseases under workers because of serving contaminated water.

Tea actually makes sense. You boil the dirty water to kill the bacteria and make it drinkable. Then you add some herb or other to add a mildly floral bouquet. If brewing tea involved burning to the ground the herbs first, then I'd be with you.
That's why the Tibetans started drinking tea. They just knew they didn't get sick drinking it.

Then you added some RANCID yak butter and salt - can you imagine what it tastes like. Like blue cheese and Lipton. But you can get used to it.

Anyone thinking tea is b-shit, should look into its history. Even English history is enough. But the Japanese pulled it furthest. It became a God. There is, of course, a reason.

The US may be to blame for that, we've somehow gotten this bizarre idea that bitterness is the whole point. The microbrew trend especially has mostly been an arms race to see who can stuff as much hopps as physically possible into a pint. Luckily I learned to drink beer in Germany, where they know what the hell they're doing.

Top Bottom