What's new

Audiobro sending out 50% off coupons to individual customers (stackable to current sales)

I don't know whether it's for new customers only, but if you goto checkout with the freebie Silver, it offers Genesis for $149, LASS Lite for $99 and LADD for $99.
Definitely tempted by LADD at that price, as I like it's neutral sound compared to those that have Epicosity baked in.
Working for me. Will check them out and decide which ones I will get. Thanks!

Here is an idea:
For those who own LASS, they send the cross-grade coupon for MSS first. This expires today. THEN they will send the 50% discount code to milk us completely dry. Just a thought…

Audiobro, if you're listening...
Oh, they're listening. But will they speak? We can only hope.

Truthfully, it sounds the OP received what was an automated email campaign to incentivize long-dormant customers. I imagine they're probably not going to give all of us 50% off the existing sales outside of heavily gated and targeted emails.

Certainly won't be upset if they prove me to be a clueless nitwit here though! :thumbsup:

One thing that certainly baffles me is that AudioBro doesn't appear to work with the influencer market very heavily, if at all. Their products are very comprehensive, deep and have some really cool and innovative features you don't see elsewhere. We live in a marketplace where customer's want to see the product in the hands of users, warts and all, before forking over hundreds of non-refundable dollars. A few NFR copies to the right people would likely return huge dividends in sale numbers and ability to command a higher price point that reflects the complexity and depth of what is on offer.

Oh, they're listening. But will they speak? We can only hope.

Truthfully, it sounds the OP received what was an automated email campaign to incentivize long-dormant customers. I imagine they're probably not going to give all of us 50% off the existing sales outside of heavily gated and targeted emails.

Certainly won't be upset if they prove me to be a clueless nitwit here though! :thumbsup:

One thing that certainly baffles me is that AudioBro doesn't appear to work with the influencer market very heavily, if at all. Their products are very comprehensive, deep and have some really cool and innovative features you don't see elsewhere. We live in a marketplace where customer's want to see the product in the hands of users, warts and all, before forking over hundreds of non-refundable dollars. A few NFR copies to the right people would likely return huge dividends in sale numbers and ability to command a higher price point that reflects the complexity and depth of what is on offer.
@Simeon would be a huge seller for them with his amazing playthroughs

Especially since they don't offer trials. Their instruments also have relatively steep learning curves. (The latter may explain why they don't send out NFRs, but it does mean that they should other be making or hiring out more tutorial videos.)

I don't know whether it's for new customers only, but if you goto checkout with the freebie Silver, it offers Genesis for $149, LASS Lite for $99 and LADD for $99.
Definitely tempted by LADD at that price, as I like it's neutral sound compared to those that have Epicosity baked in.
Any recommandations for these 3 products?

To anyone who is complaining about me making this public: if you consider this kind of personal pricing strategy fair game, then why would it be a foul to make the offer public? That doesn't make sense ... think about it. And if making it public is ok, then why shouldn't I also be allowed to say I do not consider it fair? You could just ignore the thread when you think otherwise. But instead ... well, the usual thing on the internet ...

I think this is because, at least from what I can gather after having used MSS and MSB for a while now (mostly via layering, I don't have the skills yet to use 'em in more exposed scenarios), their libraries aren't exactly instantaneously flattering out of the box but instead rely more on offering pretty deep levels of tweaking (so much tweaking...), where you can make them your own and make them fit multiple different contexts - provided you pour in the effort.

And they only start to really shine once you have a complex enough orchestration (which would make sense to me, it's probably one of the reasons they bothered with Divisi), have done some EQ-ing to carve out the tone you want, plus you've applied some good signal processing in place ("use your own reverb" is one of the first things you hear about them, at least for the drier stuff like MSS/MSB, I don't know how the choirs are like in that regard).

That probably doesn't translate too well to the Influencer format, where you're supposed to wow the audience and make the product seem like it's easier to use than it actually is. And, this is pure speculation on my part, they might not even want to target the portion of the market that is after a more pre-produced product that's easy to use out of the box.

edit: Although, having said that, it was thanks to the coverage of @Soundbed and @Guy Rowland that I eventually picked up MSS and MSB, so...

Last edited:
To anyone who is complaining about me making this public: if you consider this kind of personal pricing strategy fair game, then why would it be a foul to make the offer public? That doesn't make sense ... think about it. And if making it public is ok, then why shouldn't I also be allowed to say I do not consider it fair? You could just ignore the thread when you think otherwise. But instead ... well, the usual thing on the internet .
I may have missed it but where did anyone take issue with you making the offer public? From what I can see some people are just disagreeing with your rant regarding what is generally a well-liked company around here, not that you made the offer public.

Also, I'm noticing this trend for years now in online debate where someone shares an opinion, others disagree with it and share their contrary opinion and then the one initiating the debate insists the contrary view is trying to "silence" them or suggesting they "shouldn't be allowed to say x".

When you share an opinion online and people disagree with it, they aren't telling you you can't have the opinion, they're just disagreeing with it.

To anyone who is complaining about me making this public
No one's complaining about this being made public. IIRC there was a thread in the past that brought up this same topic before, so it's not really taboo to mention it.

I think where people are taking grievance is framing it as a negative thing in a somewhat dramatic fashion in your opening post, where most people see it as a positive thing and want in on the action. :laugh:

Top Bottom