What's new

Audiobro sending out 50% off coupons to individual customers (stackable to current sales)

That's the thing.
If they had demos like 8Dio has they'd have much less work convincing people to buy.
Especially the strengths of MSS remain mostly shrouded in mystery as it is just not being demonstrated to its full potential.
Same for Eternity. They don’t even have to spend or create demos; they could just hand out 2-3 NFRs and triple the amount of audio examples available. It’s bizarre.

Look at it from their perspective. They are a small company with a limited, (relatively) aging product line and a limited customer base. They need positive cash flow and it’s likely that anyone who was going to buy at current prices already has. I don’t begrudge them adding a bit more tackle to get more fish on the hook.

(I don’t fish, is that an even remotely accurate metaphor?)

I don't know whether it's for new customers only, but if you goto checkout with the freebie Silver, it offers Genesis for $149, LASS Lite for $99 and LADD for $99.
Definitely tempted by LADD at that price, as I like it's neutral sound compared to those that have Epicosity baked in.

Look at it from their perspective. They are a small company with a limited, (relatively) aging product line and a limited customer base. They need positive cash flow and it’s likely that anyone who was going to buy at current prices already has. I don’t begrudge them adding a bit more tackle to get more fish on the hook.

I absolutely don’t begrudge it, just throw me a line, I’ll hook myself.

I also don't fish and know that metaphor is absolutely terrible

Dang, that would have been a good opportunity for me to pick up Eternity. But I'll just buy the other one.

I got the coupon a few days back but didn’t check my emails until I saw this thread and my coupon had already expired. I guess it’s a sign that I don’t need Genesis.

One of the best libraries ever made by any developer ever. Grab it if you can!

(That said I don't own Arva so have no idea regarding a comparison)
I have heard good things about it and Arva but people seemed to say that Arva was slightly better, so I was debating whether I wanted to get Genesis, even for $100. I still have VSL ymir and boys choir as well, but those can't sing very many syllables and vowels.

I have heard good things about it and Arva but people seemed to say that Arva was slightly better, so I was debating whether I wanted to get Genesis, even for $100. I still have VSL ymir and boys choir as well, but those can't sing very many syllables and vowels.
I have heard mostly the other way around--that Genesis is the better library. I do not have Genesis though, I don't need a deep-sampled children's library so I'm making due with Liberis and Strezov Choir Originals.

I think it's a classic "expressive but messy/noticeably flawed" vs. "extremely polished but slightly lacking the liveliness of the other" situation. Anyone who owns either loves them so you can't go wrong.

Edit: Arva being the first one, Genesis the second

Is this unnecessary ranting?
Yes. I think it is unnecessary and, actually, inexplicable. There's nothing underhanded, odd or even unusual about offering additional discounts to customers. Some of my favourite developers have standing offers that effectively do the same thing.

Audiobro is a small company that makes excellent products. I rate Andrew, who founded it, as having very high integrity, and a stand-up guy. And I love their strings, too.

Anyone who owns either loves them so you can't go wrong.
I figured I can't go wrong, but I'm also not sure that I need so many childrens choirs - not that I have too many right now, but Arva has the soloists too that Genesis doesn't have, and those could be very useful in some situations, so I'd probably want to get Arva eventually for the soloists. In the long term do I really need both?

(I'm also trying not to collect libraries just for the sake of collecting libraries)

Top Bottom