What's new

Audiobro sending out 50% off coupons to individual customers (stackable to current sales)

I figured I can't go wrong, but I'm also not sure that I need so many childrens choirs - not that I have too many right now, but Arva has the soloists too that Genesis doesn't have, and those could be very useful in some situations, so I'd probably want to get that eventually for the soloists. In the long term do I really need both?

(I'm also trying not to collect libraries just for the sake of collecting libraries)
If I were you, I'd choose Arva. It has something for you that Genesis doesn't have in the soloists.

I have heard good things about it and Arva but people seemed to say that Arva was slightly better, so I was debating whether I wanted to get Genesis, even for $100. I still have VSL ymir and boys choir as well, but those can't sing very many syllables and vowels.
I have both Arva and Genesis and prefer Genesis by quite a lot.

I don't know whether it's for new customers only, but if you goto checkout with the freebie Silver, it offers Genesis for $149, LASS Lite for $99 and LADD for $99.
Definitely tempted by LADD at that price, as I like it's neutral sound compared to those that have Epicosity baked in.
And if you buy all 3, you get an additional 10% off your cart, FWIW

Purchased LADD long ago ..... actually use it & like it. 🙏🏻

No loyalty help so far .... maybe considered bro drum turd ? 💩

Last edited:
I own everything except Eternity and MSS Expanded Legato, no sign of a code… but maybe they’re doing me a favour as I don’t have a ton of cash on hand. Kind of a weird sale.

This thread is weird. OP is actually offended on your behalf that you did not get a voucher that OP got that OP has no intention of using, and even if OP did want to use it they won't use it because “something something unfairness…something something…fked up marketing”. So offended is this OP that they received a voucher with a whopping 50% off the sales price — site wide, and on top of any additional sales, that they decided to have a big moan about it, create a thread and raise awareness that they are offended on your behalf and won’t be using said voucher that only a lucky few received.

Well, I’d hereby like to announce that I’m not offended that OP got their voucher. In fact I’m quite happy for them.

God only knows what would happen if OP won a high value prize. Would they complain even louder that it’s totally unfair that they won this amazing prize but nobody else did? “How dare you give me this prize to me, but not to anybody else!” :mad:

I consider this rant being unfair to the developers - its their business, their products. Plus - we are not discussing some cheapo knock-off makers who sell no-name goods, but a veteran, who is a genuine and well known person that has several decades of experience under his belt, and a legendary product that made huge splashes in the industry.

I would at least understand if there was anything misleading or harmful involved, but this is just a promotion. Would you also feel distressed if they hold a giveaway? So whats the difference? Naturally giveaways are limited in scope, so why shouldn't be this promotion? Plus they made it personal, and clearly had some criteria in mind.

Last edited:
I know this is heresy in many parts but more and more I'm getting tired of the FOMO tactics of sales.

Whilst I'm not earning a living making music, I do sometimes find myself needing a new tool once in a while and I appreciate the plugin developers who eschew sales in favour of consistent (fair) prices. I buy Valhalla, Sixth Sense and also SoundPaint with no regrets and without the "NEVER TO BE REPEATED SALE ENDS IN 21 NANOSECONDS" pressure.

That said, plugin developers must understand their market, and also probably get good cash flow bumps by deeply discounting - so I'm not blaming them.

Another example is that I love Hornet plugins and Saverio makes some incredibly good value for money software, but even paying $40 for a plugin that regularly goes on 80% deep discount sale (but maybe not when you need it) just leaves a little bad taste in my mouth. Perverse as it sounds I'd personally rather he set his prices at $20 year round.

I have everything except LASS and LADD but haven't received a coupon. I'd probably buy LASS for the hell of it, but the UI of LADD gives me hives! :sick:

The last purchase I had made from Audiobro before this was in January 2012. I think they only gave this coupon to people who *hadn't* bought anything from them in a large number of years.

The last purchase I had made from Audiobro before this was in January 2012. I think they only gave this coupon to people who *hadn't* bought anything from them in a large number of years.
Yeah, might seem that way. Which is a bit disappointing, as it is sort of a "disloyalty" incentive. But from a business stand-point I get it, as the loyal users will probably purchase at some point anyways...

Top Bottom