What's new

Adachi: Important update, 8Dio threatens reviewers and competing devs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy #*?X%& ... I haven't tried it, because I don't have Kontakt 6 (yet). But thank you very much for offering it for free. Always loved the different arc legatos and really wished for something like this in 8Dio's Century series.

Holy #*?X%& ... I haven't tried it, because I don't have Kontakt 6 (yet). But thank you very much for offering it for free. Always loved the different arc legatos and really wished for something like this in 8Dio's Century series.
Sorry about the Kontakt 6 requirement! The main reason for it is that I relied heavily on Creator Tools. In particular, it was a godsend when retiming all the legato samples, using Lua scripts to transfer start times from one mic position to the others. This simply would have been an impossible task otherwise.

Though there are some other K6 features I'd be interested in implementing here but haven't gotten to...

Just to make sure I wrapped my head around this properly: Adagio Legacy is no longer for sale, even to owners of Agitato and Adagietto, or can I contact 8dio support? Their store is a high-level "confusion affair" for my short-lived attention span.

You, Sarah, made me rediscover these instruments that are just lovely (somewhere between LASS' detail and CSS' romantic vibrato style. And it's the only String library I have with legato con sordino. Thank you for your hard, patient work on this and for sharing it with the community!

Just to make sure I wrapped my head around this properly: Adagio Legacy is no longer for sale, even to owners of Agitato and Adagietto, or can I contact 8dio support? Their store is a high-level "confusion affair" for my short-lived attention span.

You, Sarah, made me rediscover these instruments that are just lovely (somewhere between LASS' detail and CSS' romantic vibrato style. And it's the only String library I have with legato con sordino. Thank you for your hard, patient work on this and for sharing it with the community!
If you own Anthology, you can contact support to get Adagio Legacy for $8. It’s not officially sold anymore but you can still get it that way.

Correct, as Sarah said. The Adagio you get on the website is v2, or the Anthology versions, split into the separate sections. The ones needed for the library to work are the older versions, 1.x, which are no longer sold individually on the website.

When the little chat box for support opens up on a page from 8Dio, talk to support if you've already purchased Anthology and ask for the old Adagio stuff. They'll have you pay for ONE pack (most likely the Violins) for $8 and then add the rest to your account. That's how they did it with me and honestly, I'm glad. They really are something special.

I have both Anthology and the Agitato libraries. So to use custom Adachi legato patches, I need the legacy Adagio content...is that correct ?
And if so, is there any way of still getting hold the legacy content?

EDIT:

Okay, I have just noticed what Sarah posted above - I will contact support and enquire if the $8 deal is still available.

I have both Anthology and the Agitato libraries. So to use custom Adachi legato patches, I need the legacy Adagio content...is that correct ?
And if so, is there any way of still getting hold the legacy content?
Yes, that's correct. If you ask 8Dio's online support chat they'll give it to you via an $8 crossgrade from Anthology.

@Sarah Mancuso ,

Do I just add your custom Nki's to these libraries ?

Cheers,
Muziksculp
I'd just make an Adachi folder, point Kontakt to where your Adagio and Agitato samples are stored, and then resave the Adachi NKIs so it'll remember where to look.

Yes, that's correct. If you ask 8Dio's online support chat they'll give it to you via an $8 crossgrade from Anthology.

I'd just make an Adachi folder, point Kontakt to where your Adagio and Agitato samples are stored, and then resave the Adachi NKIs so it'll remember where to look.

@Sarah Mancuso ,

Do I just add your custom Nki's to these libraries ?

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Point the nkis at the various sample folders when you load them. I then build new versions by saving the samples with the patches. I end up using more SSD space because the samples are duplicated, but it's easier to move things around that way and ensure I have all the samples Adachi needs.

Thank you, I will contact them.
And another big thank you for the Adachi legato patches. After so much hard work, that is very generous of you.
:emoji_thumbsup:

apologies if I ask the obvious but after reading hundreds of posts (I am serious :shocked:) I have not yet understood if Agitato Sordinos are 100% included in Anthology that I got as a freebie

apologies if I ask the obvious but after reading hundreds of posts (I am serious :shocked:) I have not yet understood if Agitato Sordinos are 100% included in Anthology that I got as a freebie
I think at least most of the Agitato Sordino content is in Anthology, or possibly all of it.

The demos are beautiful! Fantastic work :)

I was thinking of picking up century brass at the last moment here and now this to consider too. I told myself I didn’t need another string library (but if I picked up the two required bundles for this I’d end up with three more string libraries not to mention your Adachi haha).

Wow, thanks so much for this. Occasionally, I dig out the original Adagio and am amazed by the quality but it is such a pig to use. Absolutely looking forward to seeing what can be done with your hard work on Adachi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom