What's new

Adachi: Important update, 8Dio threatens reviewers and competing devs

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the other Discords I'm on have a dedicated channel for LGBTQ+
This is actually something that has always puzzled me. As a completely honest and legit question, I've always wondered why people would like to have a separate group in various chats etc due to their sexual orientation when the topic has absolutely nothing to do with sexuality? If I was gay, I don't think I'd like to shoehorn myself into a small bubble deliberately.

And yes, I'm fully aware that Mike will delete this post for being completely off-topic but nevertheless.

hmm....damn i missed a lot of this drama when I stepped away from the scoring community after that spitfire scoring contest drama years back....and now it just seems like the big developers keep exposing bad behavior and making it harder to support their products. I have so many 8DIO libraries, but kind of stopped following them after the soundpaint project began....its sad to let their products go, but I bet my hard disk will appreciate the freeing up of GBs of space....sorry to the people that had to catch the bad end of 8DIO.

in the absence of dozens of contemporary complaints, I refuse to condemn them for alleged bad acts in the past.
You mean like last year when they used Johann Johannsson´s name to promote a product and claimed he was a close friend of the family?

The lawyer of the Johannsson Estate even commented publicly on their walkthrough video, they obviously pulled it and changed the product´s name. As a person who has suffered from depression, I find that grotesque.

(screenshot https://imgbox.com/AVvjWngp)

You mean like last year when they used Johann Johannsson´s name to promote a product and claimed he was a close friend of the family?

The lawyer of the Johannsson Estate even commented publicly on their walkthrough video, they obviously pulled it and changed the product´s name. As a person who has suffered from depression, I find that grotesque.

(screenshot https://imgbox.com/AVvjWngp)
This is also a pattern, amazingly. Last year's 8Dio quartet library was originally supposed to be called Max Richter Strings, but evidently they did not get approval from Max Richter to use his name on it, so they just changed the name on their website and kept it in the product manual.

Last edited:
If anyone deletes this post, they’ll be hearing from my lawyers.
If they don't, they will hear from mine!

Now let's see who Mike prefers, you or me mwuhahaha
Just kidding ofcourse... or am i? :P

But more seriously:
i personally think without 8DIO and co responding anymore (haven't read them in a while since many pages ago). I think the discussion is not very much relevant anymore. People can draw their conclusions from all the info shared.. From 8DIO and co, and our community members that provided their view on things (e.g. first hand)

I won't tell my opinion, as it might push people to a side, or influence thoughts.
Each to their own i guess.

I'm locking the thread now. If Troels, Tawnia, or other involved people have something to add, we'll re-open, of course.

The thread is tricky to navigate, so if you're new to it, I wrote this post, which guides you to where the significant posts are:

Note that hundreds of posts have been deleted, not because they were "bad," but mostly because of redundancy or appearing to pile-on. (I really appreciate people's understanding with that.) For the record, no posts in support of 8dio's actions were deleted, and their one defender's posts are still here. (He sent me a polite email saying he wouldn't be responding further. We may disagree, but I like the guy, and I think he thinks I'm okay, too. See? It's not so hard.)

One good thing I hope comes out of this is that we've learned you can't be sued for stating honest opinions, and most states have Anti-SLAPP laws, so you can counter-sue. (SLAPP = Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation.) I ain't a lawyer, though, so take any of what I say accordingly. @davidanthony is a lawyer, though, and has offered (in this post) to point people in the right direction if they have questions on this, as well as other topics. (Lest it appear this is an attempt to troll for clients, he said he can't/won't actually represent you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom