What's new

WIPS V103 has Arrived

Big Bob

Hi Guys and Gals,

WIPS V103 is now available for download.

If you have any interest in Virtual Wind Instruments, you'll want to arm yourself with this suite of scripts. And of course, I offer it at my usual bargain basement prices :lol:

Here's the link to my site where you can read about WIPS , listen to demos, and download a copy for your toolbox.

www.bigbobsmusicworld.com

When you get there, navigate to the WIPS pages and check it out. And, please be sure to give a listen to Rob Horvath's excellent demos (all done with samples from the Kontakt Factory Library) to give you some idea of what WIPS can do for your less-than-stellar sample libraries.

Warning! If you download the WIPS scripts, do not attempt to load the scripts without following the installation instructions given on page 5 of the User's Guide. WIPS will not function properly if you don't follow these instructions. You should also take the time to read pages 4 and 6 before attempting to run these scripts.

As always, feedback (both positive and negative) is welcome.

God Bless,

Bob

Congrats Bob! Great work! I have only just discovered SIPS and it has made a whole world of difference to my cello sustain samples! Thank you! WIPS is gong to be so useful!

Congratulations Bob, both for WIPS and a great new site.

I loved the picture, heh heh, talk about a one-man-band.. o-[][]-o

God Bless you too and thankyou so much for your wonderful contributions.

Tod

Hey! Great to see the website and the one-man-band photo! Congratulations on finally getting WIPS finished too.

cheers, Dan

Nice new site Bob and thanks again for your invaluable contributions to the world of scripting! o-[][]-o

Justin

Thanks Nick but, what happened to my breath controller? I guess it's still blowing in the wind :lol:

Such a well-thought out and cleverly-designed piece of software.

A tremendous achievement and contribution!

Justin,

He's standing just to left of the clarinet player. And, you're right, he's rather shy and only comes center stage during his solos :lol:

BTW the trombone and trumpet players reversed position during that recording, I'm surprised you didn't pick that up :lol:

And Dan, I guess now you know where my avatar pix originated huh? :roll:

Bob, we're working on an updated ROM in response to user feedback from the first batch (people wanted more output than the beta testers liked). I've been telling people it's expected in the days-to-weeks range rather than weeks-to-months.

Thanks Nick, I'm not going anywhere anyway. 8) But, maybe output and sensitivity should have been made adjustable? You know, different strokes for different folks. :roll:

Hey Tod old buddy, hope you didn't fall off your chair with side-splitting laughter but I am glad you enjoyed something (whatever it was). :lol: OK, so a movie star I'm not but then, like I always tell Rosie, 'you can't be superman and good looking too'. :wink:

At least I'm finally having some fun with my website (after all the brain bending to get to this point). Talk about confusion, all this web jargon and me with a pencil and paper brain. :lol:

Bob

Don't want to hijack the thread, Bob, but it's not quite that easy. It involves rewriting the smoothing algorithm, adjusting the voltage range, and also it has an auto-zero circuit that's affected.

Oh I didn't mean to imply that it would be easy Nick, just a useful feature.

I was in engineering for 30 years and if there's one thing I came away from that with, it's that nothing worthwhile in this world is ever easy, at least it never has been for me. Call it the result of Adam's fall and the curse or entropy (same difference) whichever you prefer :lol:

Rejoice,

Bob

You're a legend, Big Bob! Congratulations for one more achievement, and thanks for making this available to all of us.

One question: does it replace SIPS or is it only directed to use with wind instruments? Can I use it with strings without workarounds?

Top Bottom