What's new

Whats a good way to find Film scores for mockup practice?

I'm trying to get back into composing after taking a LONG break. I have the eastwest stuff and have been re familiarizing myself with it. I feel like a good way to really get into the nitty gritty of the software is just to mockup a bunch of stuff. Plus from a compositional level it would probably help to see things in the context I would be writting them (a daw).

I'm not really sure where to go about finding good scores? Older stuff I feel is probably easy enough but I'm going to be a lot more motivated to mock up something I have a connection to (aka the star wars theme, startrek, video game scores, ect) than I am older works (Though I'll probably still do a few of those as well).

Omni Music Publishing:

Chris Siddall Music Publishing:

Neumation Music:

For video game music music, Austin Wintory (the famous composer of Journey) has his "Traveler: A Journey Symphony" score for a very affordable price here: Traveler: A Journey Symphony

The same composer also plan to publish the full score of the Banner Saga trilogy but if you're interested, you should pre-order it as soon as you can as they will print those only for those who pre-order it (in other words, they'll print as many copies as there is pre-orders). You can do so here: Banner Saga trilogy - Full orchestral book

You can also find some additional stuff (among those a number of John Williams things) on Hal Leonard by entering the keywords "Symphony Pops".

Finally, you can find the symphonic arrangements of Joe Hisaishi scores in several stores. A friend told me most of the arrangements (the Ghibli ones) are not directly from Hisaishi (though they're the exact same as the symphonic albums), but I found out that the Totoro one as well as Melodyphony are his own arrangement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom