What's new

What are you favourite Synths for Pop music?

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
Howdy all,

I'm curious. What are your favourite Soft synths for Pop music? Do you all use Omnisphere despite how massive it sounds? Any U-He stuff used on mainstream records?

Take this modern Indie Pop track from band Silent Crowd as an example. Any idea what soft synths could be used to sound like this...

Would love to hear what you all like using for this kind of thing.

Jono

My go to for Pop is Serum. Its great for leads, plucks and basses.

The one thing i have found useful for Omnisphere is soundsets by Reverbmachine. In particular 'Indie pop' and 'modern pop'.

Interesting. Will have to check the sound sets out!

A lot of the time I use my Guitar and plugins to twist stuff into electronic sounding stuff but it isn’t real synth sounding if you know what I mean so I’m eager to learn how to create some new sounds! Or buy them and learn how they were made!

Or buy them and learn how they were made!
Absolutely no shame in that in my view! If you're interested in what are basically 80s pop synth sounds (like the ones in the song you posted), I can highly recommend the Night-Time Diva pack from Swan Audio.

There's some synth work in there, but vast majority acoustic. Diva has a nice soft analog sound, so if its padding and complimentary sounds you're looking for it might do the trick. Omnisphere would be my top recommendation though.
Avenger / Serum is more EDM. Spire is good with trance and softer EDM. But, yeah, Diva would probably do it.

I dont write pop but for sure people are definitely using things from native instruments (analog dreams etc) & anything on Output Arcade. Along with prophet 5 or Junos (real or VST)

+1. Sylenth for more electronic layers, Serum for blended layers. Also, the classics = ES2, Massive. Korg-Collection is real good as well..

Hive2 (or similar by other companies) can probably suffice since it can be digital or analog sounding, add some Diva or Repro (or The Legend) for additional analog-style grunt or flavor.

Absolutely no shame in that in my view! If you're interested in what are basically 80s pop synth sounds (like the ones in the song you posted), I can highly recommend the Night-Time Diva pack from Swan Audio.

Interesting! Maybe I might participate in a sly purchase. It’s been at least a week since my last sin 😂

I love Diva as well. It’s probably my favorite synth VST, although on a synth forum I’m on a number of people seem to prefer U-he’s Repro-5.

This is a cool 80s-inspired soundset for Diva:

And this is another one you might be interested in:

FYI, I also really like Arturia’s Buchla Easel V, although I don’t hear that mentioned by many other people.

I love Diva as well. It’s probably my favorite synth VST, although on a synth forum I’m on a number of people seem to prefer U-he’s Repro-5.

This is a cool 80s-inspired soundset for Diva:

And this is another one you might be interested in:

FYI, I also really like Arturia’s Buchla Easel V, although I don’t hear that mentioned by many other people.

The re-release of the Prophet 5 has probably generated a spike in interest about Prophet 5 emulations (where U-he is the top, IMO). I know I’ve been playing with the demo a lot, crackles and all! But I do own Diva and it fulfills all my vintage synth needs.

still might get a Prophet 5 though....

Top Bottom