What's new

Wave Alchemy Triaz native is here!

pinki

I have to rave about Wave Alchemy. Revolution, the labour of love homage to 80’s/90’s drum machines is just insane. Everything about it oozes quality. It uses sampling in a way that defies what’s possible with a bunch of audio recordings. The sequencer has the TR style but also a more modern sequencer with lanes. Humanisation is available on a timing basis and on a round robin basis. The GUI is excellent. I could go on.
Im getting Drumvolution today which is similar but a broader sound set. The long search for the perfect drum machine is over.

And customer service is top notch. If you want electronic drums this is a great way to go.

Last edited:
I have to rave about Wave Alchemy. Revolution, the labour of love homage to 80’s/90’s drum machines is just insane. Everything about it oozes quality. It uses sampling in a way that defies what’s possible with a bunch of audio recordings. The sequencer has the TR style but also a more modern sequencer with lanes. Humanisation is available on a timing basis and on a round robin basis. The GUI is excellent. I could go on.
Im getting Drumvolution today which is similar but a broader sound set. The long search for the perfect drum machine is over.

And customer service is top notch. If you want electronic drums this is a great way to go.
WA is top shelf. Their redesigned website just launched and they now offer an Instruments Bundle with TRIAZ, Revolution, Bassynth, and Drumvolution for the absurdly low price of £159. More updates and new offerings are coming soon based on what I've heard recently.

More ignorance showing here _ long time interest in Sonic Charge - Microtonic.
Is it in same 'category' as Drumvolution, OMNIDRUMS, Drum Designer ??
If not, is it desirable _ in addition ?
Microtonic is 100% synthesized (on the fly) drum sounds. Endless variety, particularly with the online Patternarium which offers about a billion free preset sounds + grooves. If you're interested in Microtonic, check the Patternarium out - it'll give you a great idea of what you'll be getting. Worth it all the way IMO.

Wave Alchemy's drum instruments (TRIAZ, Revolution, Drumvolution) are all sample-based. They are absolutely top-notch for electronic drums and percussion. The new Instrument Bundle that WA is offering, currently on sale at £159, is a must-have if you are into electric sampled drums and percussion. Plus you'll get Bassynth.

Microtonic is 100% synthesized (on the fly) drum sounds. Endless variety, particularly with the online Patternarium which offers about a billion free preset sounds + grooves. If you're interested in Microtonic, check the Patternarium out - it'll give you a great idea of what you'll be getting. Worth it all the way IMO.

Wave Alchemy's drum instruments (TRIAZ, Revolution, Drumvolution) are all sample-based. They are absolutely top-notch for electronic drums and percussion. The new Instrument Bundle that WA is offering, currently on sale at £159, is a must-have if you are into electric sampled drums and percussion. Plus you'll get Bassynth.
Does triaz offer anything majorly new if you have the other two?..
Is there a bundle upgrade price?..

Does triaz offer anything majorly new if you have the other two?..
Is there a bundle upgrade price?..
TRIAZ is a completely new/separate set of approximately 10,000 samples. The preset kits and patterns are great and the sequencer is powerful. A native version of TRIAZ is due in the next month or so.

Contact WA directly for a bundle discount based on what you currently own. They should be able to provide a manual discount.

TRIAZ is a completely new/separate set of approximately 10,000 samples. The preset kits and patterns are great and the sequencer is powerful. A native version of TRIAZ is due in the next month or so.

Contact WA directly for a bundle discount based on what you currently own. They should be able to provide a manual discount.
I’m considering purchasing Triaz during the current sale. Do you know if the native version will be free to existing owners, or will it be a crossgrade?

I contacted WA about a month ago to see if they'd be running any BF promotions - very responsive dev came back and told me to hold off until new site was launched. That's obviously happened now - looks good - and the current offer for Triaz looks very attractive. Seems that the base price has also moved downwards - it was £149 if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
I just emailed support and they responded in minutes. Free upgrade for all Triaz owners! I’m in.
Dan Byers is a great guy. Very responsive. Glad to hear the upgrade to native will be free for existing owners.

Going forward, I understand that TRIAZ will be a flagship WA drum instrument with ongoing support, expansion packs (both samples and presets), new effects plugins, and updates to existing WA sample packs to tag them for more convenient use within TRIAZ. So I'm anticipating that this is an instrument with a bright future.

Anyone else getting an error message trying to login to their new site with the previous account credentials?
  • Error: The username ... is not registered on this site. If you are unsure of your username, try your email address instead."

Anyone else getting an error message trying to login to their new site with the previous account credentials?
  • Error: The username ... is not registered on this site. If you are unsure of your username, try your email address instead."
I did a password reset and everything was fine.

Top Bottom