What's new

VI-Control appreciation

I have enjoyed this forum now for ten years. Before that Nick Batzdorf used to send me the VI Magazine as PDFs, and I have always been deeply interested in all kinds of, new or old, instruments. When I was helping out as a beta tester of major music software it was common to discuss the threads here on VI on the closed developer forum to kind of "check the temperature of the market" and I'm sure today's devs are doing this as well :) I have learned a lot from posts here, so thank you, everybody!

This place sucks, you've all made me spend far too much money.

Just kidding. Well no, you HAVE made me spend too much money but I'll forgive you as so many superbly talented professional composers have made this amateur hobbyist welcome amongst your ranks and have encouraged and inspired me.

When I told my brother I was buying a forum, he asked me whether I was planning to buy a Blockbuster store, too. :grin:
Well, if I were selling a forum c. 2020, I'm sure I’d throw in a couple of Blockbusters just to sweeten the deal. Because, I mean, there's really no reason not to.

Last edited:
Welcome and I agree 100% with your comments! I am a member of a few other forums (some are for non-music topics) and the vibe and helpfulness of this forum is by far the nicest of them all. A really nice feeling of community.

GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome and in the case of VI-Contral refers to the never-ending desire for more sample libraries. Can you ever have too many sample libraries?.....
I tried to imagine having too many libraries… Nope. Nada. There is no such thing imho

Just wanted to chime in here. I am getting back into composing since I mostly wrote software after college and I am so happy to have found this forum. I love reading all the reviews about products, finding deals, and seeing all the threads about composition. This is a really wonderful resource. Thank you to the founders and the community who make up this whole thing.

I also want to express my appreciation and gratitude to this forum!

This is the place I've looking for for so long!.. It pushes me and motivates me. It's a great place of knowledge, inspiration and support! I always get answers on my questions here.

Wishing the VI-Control and its members all the best!

I probably look at this site more than any other, and I usually come across something that helps me improve my composing/production or inspires me in some way.

I also come across way too many threads that make me think "I really, really, REALLY need that new instrument/sound/plug-in." But that GAS is my problem. I'll keep struggling to beat it, but I'm sure the summer sales will make it hard. No, please NI, 8dio, Heavyocity, etc., don't blame yourselves... ;)

Thanks to all involved in keeping the good ship VI-Control afloat.

Top Bottom