What's new

Very problematic issue with Kontakt 7 in Logic when loading an instrument

eric13a

Hello,

Yesterday, I updated Kontakt 7 and since then, I have a lot of issues when I try to change presets or load a new one. It looks like loading the same libraries does work fine in Kontakt 6. I tried several fixes I found but nothing works. The strange thing is that when I load the instruments through Logic presets, it works fine. It's only when I change instrument or load in the Kontakt window that I have the crashes.

View attachment KontaktInLogic.mp4

I did tests directly in Kontakt 7 and it works fine. It looks it's only in Logic.

Do you have any idea where it could come from ? I am quite desperate.

Thanks !

When you load the Logic preset I’m pretty sure you are loading an older nki saved with the preset. If that’s right, that would explain the difference in behavior.

Why it would work in standalone but not in Logic is confusing. Hopefully someone else will have an idea on that.

When you load the Logic preset I’m pretty sure you are loading an older nki saved with the preset. If that’s right, that would explain the difference in behavior.

Why it would work in standalone but not in Logic is confusing. Hopefully someone else will have an idea on that.
Thank you for the help ! Actually I don't think it's an older NKI because i created my presets this morning for Albion ONE so after upgrading Kontakt.

We can see here the difference between presets selecting (which looks like reopening kontakt 7 instance so maybe a difference... ?) and changing the instrument inside Kontakt.

View attachment KontaktInLogic2.mp4

We can see that this issue doesn't happen directly in Kontakt 7.

View attachment Kontakt7.mp4

Thank you for the help ! Actually I don't think it's an older NKI because i created my presets this morning for Albion ONE so after upgrading Kontakt.
Yes, if you created the preset today, then it would be the nki of the current version. Why it would work from the preset and not changing in K7 is indeed most peculiar.

I just did a test installing version Kontakt 7.9 instead of current 7.10.1 and no crashes.

So it looks it's definitely a latest version bug with Logic...

Which version of macOS are you using? There was a problem with 14.4 which caused issues with a lot of plugins, particularly running in a DAW. Updating to 14.4.1 fixed that. If you don't want to update, try running Logic in Rosetta mode and see if the problem persists.

Which version of macOS are you using? There was a problem with 14.4 which caused issues with a lot of plugins, particularly running in a DAW. Updating to 14.4.1 fixed that. If you don't want to update, try running Logic in Rosetta mode and see if the problem persists.
I am running 14.4.1
I think I prefer running natively Kontakt 7.9 than 7.10.1 in Rosetta mode.
Thank you for your help.

Ah ok, I'm only running K. Player 7.8 within Logic and it's fine. Pity it's not as simple as the OS version being buggy. Hope you get it sorted soon.

I have the same issue when I change to a new instrument. Komtakt crashes and needs to be brought back from the dead.
Very annoying and time consuming.

I just took a chance and updated K. player to 7.10.1. I know it's not the same thing but it seems to be loading instruments fine within Logic so far.

Top Bottom