What's new

Vengeful Violin released, now with 1.001 bugfix update

DSmolken

1616571427205.png

This is how I feel like sampling a violin, no lie. Kind of a big moment.

After the Vengeful Cello, Bass and Viola, I could put what we learned making the cello, bass and viola into the member of the family that's most likely to be out front and exposed. (And I can admit that openly, I'm a bassist.) As usual, there's a lot of articulations, with a lot of variety in aggressive shorts and textures.

Walkthrough covering the whole family:

Demos:

We also migrated our store to a new platform, too, and delivery is now via Pulse Downloader, which will hopefully save me time dealing with missing download link mails, and let me speed up making the future instruments. The violin is $29 until the end of April, $59 regular price, and you can buy it here: https://karoryfer-samples.myshopify.com/products/vengeful-violin

Tell an enemy!

Last edited:
1616571427205.png

This is how I feel like sampling a violin, no lie. Kind of a big moment.

After the Vengeful Cello, Bass and Viola, I could put what we learned making the cello, bass and viola into the member of the family that's most likely to be out front and exposed. (And I can admit that openly, I'm a bassist.) As usual, there's a lot of articulations, with a lot of variety in aggressive shorts and textures.

Walkthrough covering the whole family:

Demos:

We also migrated our store to a new platform, too, and delivery is now via Pulse Downloader, which will hopefully save me time dealing with missing download link mails, and let me speed up making the future instruments. The violin is $29 until the end of April, $59 regular price, and you can buy it here: https://karoryfer-samples.myshopify.com/products/vengeful-violin

Tell an enemy!

Wow for the "bow drop bounce on string..." :) All the best!

Wow for the "bow drop bounce on string..." :) All the best!
Thanks! One difference between these and other extended technique string libraries is that these came out of me playing somewhat weird pop music on bass, growing up with noisy indie rock like Sonic Youth and Curve, so the weird techniques are sometimes different than the academic or XX century avant-garde composer weird techniques.

Thanks. The purpose of this thread is to get people who might think this stuff is interesting to notice it, so I suppose that means it's doing its job.

And another demo, this one's on Bandcamp for now so I'l need to figure out how to efficiently get it into the store.

Congrats D! This sounds pretty exceptional.

I very much like the Quartet pieces. Seems like the plan has come together ;).

A couple more demos, using the entire family (I don't want to say "quartet" because there's no double bass in a string quartet, and Nyx's has two instances of the violin so it's a quintet anyway...)

This one shows off mostly aggressive shorts playing impossibly fast passages, being a remake of a chiptune track.

This one shows off more of the "unusual textures" side of things. And a lesson - don't ever let come up with a title for your demo.

The viola, cello and bass are also on sale for $39 each until the end of April.

Last couple of days of intro price left (along with sale prices on a bunch of our other stuff) - goes up to full on May 1st.

So buy a lot! Make me quit my day job!

And congratulations on waiting until the last minute to the person who bought the violin while I was already removing the sale price info, but hadn't gotten to the violin yet, haha.

If anybody else overslept, PM me, I'll see how generating discount codes works... VI-C is not our biggest source of traffic but is the biggest source of sales.

And congratulations on waiting until the last minute to the person who bought the violin while I was already removing the sale price info, but hadn't gotten to the violin yet, haha.

If anybody else overslept, PM me, I'll see how generating discount codes works... VI-C is not our biggest source of traffic but is the biggest source of sales.
That was one of the mornings I was not sorry my toddler had woken me up at 5am. ;) Love the instrument!

Found a bug in the stac sul pont this morning, fixed it, anybody that bought this should get an update via Pulse. If I missed any of the testers who got it pre-Pulse (I just now realized I never keep lists of testers), DM me and I'll send it along.

Top Bottom