What's new

UPDATE: Babylonwaves Art Conductor 9.8: Spitfire, VSL and more additions

babylonwaves

Darth Fader
Art Conductor 9.8 - Direct Link to the latest update:

https://vi-control.net/community/th...re-vsl-and-more-additions.137205/post-5416637

Hey VIC -

We have something to celebrate: 🅰️ Art Conductor is now officially a heavyweight – with the release of version 9, we've passed the 10,000 articulation preset mark! 🎉

The new release supports 60 additional libraries, that's over 750 libraries. In other words, whatever sample library you use, we have covered you.

We have a standard library key switch layout and a unified colour scheme. In other words, we've done a lot to make articulation switching a breeze so you can focus on making music.

Art Conductor supports Logic, Cubase, Studio One, Digital Performer, and Cakewalk. Visit :

Here's a list of all the supported libraries: https://www.babylonwaves.com/logic/#popup-article

And here are the additions in Art Conductor 9.0:

Ashen Scoring Cello
Auddict Celestial Voices Ceres
Auddict United Strings Of Europe
Auddict Virtuoso Violin
Audio Imperia Solo Boy Soloists
Best Service Celtic Era 2
Cinematique Instruments Balalaika
Cinematique Instruments Hammered Dulcimer
Cinematique Instruments Santur
Embertone Herring Clarinet
Embertone Sensual Saxophone
Embertone The Charmer
Embertone Whistler Ensemble
Evolution Baritone Electric Snapshot
Evolution Vintage Violin Bass Snapshot
Fluffy Audio Jazz Bass
Fluffy Audio Simple Jazz Bass
Fluffy Audio Simple Ukulele
Fluffy Audio Simple Violin
Fluffy Audio Trio Broz Solo Viola
Impact Soundworks Shreddage Fretless
Indiginus Blue Street Brass
Indiginus Electric Cello
Indiginus Generation Electric Guitar
Indiginus Mandoline
Indiginus Renegate Acoustic Guitar
Indiginus Renegate Electric Guitar
Indiginus The Fiddle
Indiginus The Resonator
Indiginus The Ukulele
Kirk Hunter Concert Brass 2
Kirk Hunter Front Row Violins
Musical Sampling Atelier Series Amy
Musical Sampling Atelier Series Fauxgorian
Musical Sampling Atelier Series Maggie
Native Instruments Omnia
Native Instruments Session Bassist Prime Bass
Native Instruments Session Guitarist Electric Mint
Native Instruments Session Guitarist Electric Vintage
Native Instruments Session Guitarist Picked Nylon
Orchestral Tools Berlin Woodwinds Addition Instruments Sine
Orchestral Tools Berlin Woodwinds SFX Sine
Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark 0
Orchestral Tools Salu
Project Sam Lumina 2.1
Soniccouture Grand Marimba
Soniccouture Guzheng
Sonoscore The Orchestra 3
Sonoscore Woods Of The Wild
Sonuscore Lyrical Cello Phrases
Sonuscore Lyrical Violin Phrases
Soundiron Voltage Bass
Spitfire Abbey Road Orchestra High Percussion
Spitfire Abbey Road Orchestra Low Percussion
Spitfire Albion 8 Collosus
Submission Audio Djinn Bass
Submission Audio Punk Bass
Submission Audio Umansky Bass
VSL Synchron 15 Power Drums
Westwood Brass Untamed
Westwood Viola Untamed
Westwood Violin Untamed

Last edited:
Is Berlin Strings Sine supported? It is not in your list, but it is mentioned in your blog about older version (8.0) release. Official supported libraries just mentions Berlin Strings Kontakt. Which is true?

Is Berlin Strings Sine supported? It is not in your list, but it is mentioned in your blog about older version (8.0) release. Official supported libraries just mentions Berlin Strings Kontakt. Which is true?
Yes, Berlin Strings Sine is supported. There are two versions, a combination patch where you load all articulations into a single Sine instance using midi channels and one where you load just each group into a separate Sine instance. in Logic the combination patch is a bit wonky because Logic doesn’t handle propagation of CCs across midi channels very well, and that seems to sometimes confuse Sine so the articulations not on channel 1 do not always respond properly to changes on the modwheel.

Is there a list of updates to existing maps? Something like that would be useful in determining what should be changed in a template.

Is there a list of updates to existing maps? Something like that would be useful in determining what should be changed in a template.
@husker
There is a document called "Change Log" and it contains all that - look inside the Documentation folder.

@husker
There is a document called "Change Log" and it contains all that - look inside the Documentation folder
Is the a copy that people that haven't upgraded can see what has changed. For example, there is no new library in version 9 that I have, but would be interested to see what has been fixed.

I love that you've included the Indiginus libraries. I have a bunch of those in my templates, and use them all the time. Same with the ProjectSam updates, and the new NI libs, and.. great job and thanks!

Is the a copy that people that haven't upgraded can see what has changed. For example, there is no new library in version 9 that I have, but would be interested to see what has been fixed.
The latest version of Art Conductor 8 contains pretty much all the fixes. 9 is a feature release, and we will keep fixing things (if required) in upcoming sub-releases. If you need the latest change log, please contact us through our website.

Have the Sine CC3/CC4 issue been addressed in the latest update? I know in the last version 8 update, many of the Sine patches (eg Berlin WW mains) have the wrong CC for what Sine is loading as the default and so I have to go through and change them all by hand.

Have the Sine CC3/CC4 issue been addressed in the latest update? I know in the last version 8 update, many of the Sine patches (eg Berlin WW mains) have the wrong CC for what Sine is loading as the default and so I have to go through and change them all by hand.
@jbuhler
We updated all the maps when we found out that Orchestral Tools decided to change the default controller for the variations from CC4 to CC3.

@jbuhler
We updated all the maps when we found out that Orchestral Tools decided to change the default controller for the variations from CC4 to CC3.
Well, the problem is that not all of the instruments I have load the way. I guess I’ll have to change the instruments or duplicate the sets, one with CC3, the other CC4.

@jbuhler can you elaborate on that?
When I load most of my Sine instruments they are set to CC4. I don’t know if that’s because that’s what they shipped with when I got them, or I converted them all to CC4 to stay in line with my articulation sets at the time. I just know that I had to reset a lot of articulation sets to CC4 when I set up an OT template after getting the Berlin Woodwind bundle.

Top Bottom