What's new

UDIO AI- short serial piece for baritone and orch

Great piece!

Did you write the lyrics?

:)
yes indeed. I wish I could claim credit for the music but it's largely AI with some text prompts from me. Some interesting ideas however which I will likely employ in a more customized manner.

not bad at all
I cannot wait until this type of technology allows us render our music with the same realism. Analyzing notation and/or MIDI date with CCs. I do think the first step is programs like Dorico/MuseScore/Sibelius because there can be a lot more performance related instructions notated on the score. If I could get a result like this on my current cantata I would be in 7th Heaven!

what is striking is that I hear things that are really good in the piece, like some of the instrumental combinations or the tasty unison at 2:15... hard to say what's gonna happen

I'm taken aback by some of these voices. Does anyone have any notion of how in the fudge that baritone voice is being created?

Geez… it’s creepy but cool to hear a real sung part for text I’ve entered. Once this becomes a plug in for notation apps I could see really benefiting from this technology.

Was this really the prompt for the above?

"Instrumental, Modern classical, Classical music, Western classical music, Minimalism, Avant-garde, Repetitive, Serialism"

🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷

Was this really the prompt for the above?

"Instrumental, Modern classical, Classical music, Western classical music, Minimalism, Avant-garde, Repetitive, Serialism"

🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷
The prompt was the first line: modern classical, serialism, atonal, contemporary classical, haunting ending

I think the second line is some sort of categorisation? Not sure

The one thing to mention here is that I could lift this audio and transcribe much of it into notation if I really wanted to. I’ve actually written serial pieces before so I’m familiar with this style. And some of the orchestration techniques here give me some great ideas to apply to an original work.

Is it just me, or does that really sound like Pavarotti's voice?
Pavarotti, Bocelli, and many others, musicians, composers, sound designers, singers, everyone has potentially been used without their knowledge to gather information ( and talent ) for training.

There are copyright infringements everywhere. Guys. Maybe you are not realizing, that HERE there is a BIG problem of copyright !

The amount of data that has been analyzed without anyone's authorization is simply frightening.

Just another example...of copyright problem on this AI technology...

THIS IS of course a TRAINING on ANDREA BOCELLI !
And this is NOT ACCEPTABLE!"

There is nothing exciting or beautiful in all this. Considering that this is NOT making music.

Last edited:
Top Bottom