What's new

TouchOSC - Cubase 'Sees' the MIDI but doesn't record it...

Does using TouchOSC Bridge make it not available for RTP midi via apple network midi?

Any way to disable Touch OSC Bridge port and maybe it will become available?

Example: unplug USB connection, disable TOSC bridge, and try via only wireless network midi

Does using TouchOSC Bridge make it not available for RTP midi via apple network midi?

Any way to disable Touch OSC Bridge port and maybe it will become available?

Example: unplug USB connection, disable TOSC bridge, and try via only wireless network midi
I'm afraid I do not know what RTP midi is or where to find that.

When I disable TOSC bridge I do not even see the 'Session 1' under MIDI connection Send/Receive port.

I'm afraid I do not know what RTP midi is or where to find that.

When I disable TOSC bridge I do not even see the 'Session 1' under MIDI connection Send/Receive port.
All apple computers and ipad will have network MIDI built in (as far as I know). The underlying midi framework is RTP midi (again, as far as I know); it is a network midi protocol.

I remember many years ago I connected an ipad mini to a mac Pro via the local wireless network in the house. I had to enable network midi on the ipad (enabled through the midi app I was using at the time) and then go to audio/midi setup on the mac and then to network midi settings just like you have done. At that point it was available to connect to.

You can create new sessions yourself using the + button. Call it whatever you want, then ideally you would connect the ipad to that via the network midi

You can create new sessions yourself using the + button. Call it whatever you want, then ideally you would connect the ipad to that via the network midi
That.
I didn’t have to setup any of that, ipad showed there without me doing anything. I find it weird that it is not connecting but looking around I saw more people having the same problem through the years. Maybe contact the OP on the other thread I pointed you to and he can help you since he had the same problem.

Are there any alternatives to TouchOSC? I was using Lemur but it's no longer supported.

Are there any alternatives to TouchOSC? I was using Lemur but it's no longer supported.
There's an ipad app called MIDI Designer Pro 2. I used it for a bit on ipad and it worked through network midi. Maybe worth a try?

Could NOT resolve this.

So I went and purchased and installed Metagrid Pro and now... Cubase can read and record all MIDI CC data! So yeah looks like this is potentially an issue with TouchOSC. Or at least with my particular setup/system.

EDIT
I couldn't get the XY pad set up on Metagrid correctly but realized I had the wrong MIDI channel setup.

Metagrid is currently working flawlessly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom