What's new

The Orchestra Contest - Compose To Win

Hello all - Claudio - I really enjoyed your score. I wish I had gone in some of the directions that you had. This my attempt where I was trying to improve my deficient brass and percussion skills. Also trying for some bombast as well.

I never listen to anyone else’s contest entries until I have entered mine and I always kick myself afterward. Always so many approaches to even the smallest cues.
I know! The same has happened to me too.
I enjoyed your score too!

My first ever music competition. Any feedback is welcome! Made in Cubase with PS Vista, SA CDT, SS Percussion Essentials, Cinebrass Sonore, Sonuscore Action Strings 2, NI Arkhis, ProjectSam Pandora Core, OT Metropolis Ark 4, AV Infinite Woodwinds, SA BBCSO Core, OT Modus, VSL BBO Fornax, Steven Slate Drums 5.
I agree with Pappaus the mix was a bit too loud compared to the voice, and maybe the drums could have bee louder.
I like the theme and the sounds of strings and brass!

Here’s my entry...however, I am only focusing on Sound Design for this one given the time availability I have (may add music down the line). Good luck all!

Where did you get this copy of the video. Did you re-edit the video? You have repeating footage of a crow in the trees and that was not there before.

I entered the contest. While in the past I have posted my entries on this site, for this one, once Sonoscore posts the entries on their YouTube Channel I will share the link here.

I entered the contest. While in the past I have posted my entries on this site, for this one, once Sonoscore posts the entries on their YouTube Channel I will share the link here.
Don’t they post it only if you make it to the shortlist? (not sure, haven’t read carefully)

Hey, the contest winners have been announced. But the funny thing the video is completely different.
Everyone on this thread has scored to a different video (so did I). I don't understand. Could someone help me out??

Boo! - Just go to Sonuscore.com and follow the links from there. The correct videos are shown there. The names are correct on best service but the video links are wrong.

Oh well - Next Time

Just listened to the ten finalists and voted.

Some really great entries here! However, looking back at the notes I took, I eliminated four of them for burying the dialog. Folks, this is rule #1. Dialog is king.

I am gonna be honest here. They all sounded the same to me. Yeah, quality of sound production is great, but that is like praising a movie for its realistic effects but not for the creative vision of the effect. It all sounded like stock music to me. I come from 40 years of exposure to all styles of film and game music and this trend in music styles in film music has not changed much since The Dark Knight.

These cues sounded like Zimmer-esque or overblown action movie trailers. All with similar string lines, similar power hit drums. Only one really attempted to do something with a chorus. The Saint Maud contest had more diverse entries and finalists than this contest did.

Okay, I am done on my soap box. So now here is my entry that was not selected, lol.

Top Bottom