What's new

SynthesizerV Vocaloid is some seriously cool tech!

SyMTiK

Chris Brocato
I have always been fascinated with vocal technology attempting to emulate the human voice, and SynthesizerV is one of the coolest pieces of technology I have tried recently. While it still has that digital quality to it that tips the user off that it is not a human source, the control over phrasing that this software has is really impressive, and manages to simulate the way a singer would actually execute a musical phrase better than anything else I have tried yet. What I like the best is how easy it is to use, it is very intuitive to type in words, add vibrato, dips and bends, dynamics, grit, breathe, etc. in a way that doesn't feel clunky and awkward to utilize.

Here is a quick little tune I put together with it! I used Eleanor Forte, the english voice bank. I think this software would work well in a nice, dystopian soundtrack where AI has taken over the world xD

ALSO! This software is free to use for personal use, and ~120usd for a commercial license. This is with the free, personal edition!

Attachments

• SOA Work Things Out March 8th.mp3
    4.8 MB
Your track is impressive !! How well does the singing voice work with faster tempos ?
thank you! it is actually fairly articulate at faster tempos, though it can take some more attention to detail to make the phrasing feel natural.

This is a faster piece I started the day I got it. I hadn't dived into editing the phrasing or anything yet, so this is essentially its default settings for how it approaches going into notes, adding vibrato, etc. Also disclaimer I don't know a lick of Chinese so the words are all just mostly gibberish words I thought sounded nice in a musical phrase LOL Most of the voice banks available for it are in Chinese, with Eleanor being the only one from Dreamtonics that is in English.

Attachments

• SOA SynthesizerV Chiyu Demo.mp3
    2.9 MB
Your tune sounds great! :) Where can I find more of your music?
The synth sounds fantastic!
Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, seems like both personal and professional are allowed for commercial use, it's just that the pro has something extra.

Just tried out this synth, it is absolutely incredible what this can do and how it sounds. The level of control is just incredible.. I'm blown away!

Your tune sounds great! :) Where can I find more of your music?
The synth sounds fantastic!
Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, seems like both personal and professional are allowed for commercial use, it's just that the pro has something extra.
I will have to double check on the different versions, I thought I saw that only the paid one was for commercial use but could be wrong!

Thank you I really appreciate that! So most of my recent work has been producing and writing for other artists, mainly a few metal bands from Berklee, but now that I graduated school in the Fall I am starting to shift my focus back towards composing and writing my own original music in a variety of styles (a lot of my composition portfolio is still stuff from highschool).

I will be uploading some of my newer compositions to this channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRkqin1kICmT7i0m5njNKCw/videos

and if rock and metal is your thing, this is one of the bands that I am in! I am the synth player and produce and mix

A few years ago I received the lib / plugin to produce a demo. I didn't like it and therefore, after a few experiments, declined. I don't like this development! ...

Top Bottom