What's new

Synchron Prime Edition Sample Talk Thread

So the 70gb library is Synchron Prime Edition. The intro price of €445 puts it in competition with EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Opus and SA BBC SO. Be interesting to hear what you all think.

Crossgrade options and pricing:

Synchron Prime Edition Sample Talk Thread

YouTube videos on Schnron Prime Edition

Comparators in the same Orchestra Starter market:
  • VSL - Synchron Prime editon
  • Spitfire - BBC SO Core and Pro
  • Orchestral Tools - Berlin Orchestra
  • Audio Imperia - Nucleus
  • East West - Hollywood Orchestra Opus

@Hey Ben, is there a reason, why the price went up by 50% (when I already own the Synchron stuff), new content or just inflation?
Wanted to jump on it for my to go machine, but am little unsecure about this right now :)
1683191041411.png

[edit] it also seems that crossgrades from Prime to Full has been reduced.

@Hey Ben, is there a reason, why the price went up by 50% (when I already own the Synchron stuff), new content or just inflation?
Wanted to jump on it for my to go machine, but am little unsecure about this right now :)
1683191041411.png

[edit] it also seems that crossgrades from Prime to Full has been reduced.
Could it be that you compare sales prices with the current regular prices?

Could it be that you compare sales prices with the current regular prices?
I of course cannot say this for sure :) seems however a little strange since the upgrade price to synchron is lower now.
I will wait for the next sale then ;)

Last edited:
So here are some Logic articulation sets for PRIME STRINGS, Brass & Woods.
Violins and Violas share the same set while Cellos and Basses are separate.
I"ll be working on Harp next.
Just thought I'd share.

Tutti is now included in the Strings incase you've downloaded them previously to May 7.

BTW - I think the lib is pretty good. Any missing articulations I have in the other Synchron Libs - but this is fast and easy to write some scratch stuff... then flesh it out later with other libs.
hi, where can i put these articulation sets so that they show up in logic?

Hi, so do the VSL libraries have vibrato? is this a big issue or not?
Yes, but the Prime Edition only comes with medium vibrato, so there is no vibrato control, it's always on.
The big libraries the Prime Edition is based on additionally has no vibrato, and depending on the instrument also molto vibrato articulations.

Yes, but the Prime Edition only comes with medium vibrato, so there is no vibrato control, it's always on.
The big libraries the Prime Edition is based on additionally has no vibrato, and depending on the instrument also molto vibrato articulations.
Sorry but do you mean that the long articulation always has medium vibrato? thanks

Top Bottom