What's new

Symphobia 1 Version 2.0 Update coming very soon!

I love the Project SAM libraries, but I have a question/concern with this update. I own all the libraries you guys have, and I have all of the instruments loaded up on my template, using multiple servers through VEP.

So when True Strike got updated, it turned every individual instrument in the library to a single instrument, it broke my template. Now, as far as I know, I can no longer have each individual instrument loaded up on its own track, but instead load the main TS instrument and invidually load in each percussion part I want to use.

Is symphobia going to he the same as well? Because this caused problems when going back to my old tracks with True Strike, and I think Symphobia will be even worse.

Sounds good. What are the chances you guys would ever update Lumina with some new fantasy story patches or textures?
If we update Symphobia 3: Lumina chances are very likely it will also receive new story patches/textures, just like we added new multis for the upcoming Symphobia 1 update.

So, can we expect Symphobia 1 ver. 2 to be released this month ?
Yes, the release of Symphobia 1 v2.0 is scheduled for this year. In other words: Within +/- 1 month from now.
Will you guys have it on sale when its released as you did with true strike ?
We don't know for sure yet but our Black Friday sale will start in about 1 hour from now, which offers the same 30% discount.

I love the Project SAM libraries, but I have a question/concern with this update. I own all the libraries you guys have, and I have all of the instruments loaded up on my template, using multiple servers through VEP.

So when True Strike got updated, it turned every individual instrument in the library to a single instrument, it broke my template. Now, as far as I know, I can no longer have each individual instrument loaded up on its own track, but instead load the main TS instrument and invidually load in each percussion part I want to use.

Is symphobia going to he the same as well? Because this caused problems when going back to my old tracks with True Strike, and I think Symphobia will be even worse.
Please contact our Support desk. We'd like to get a bit more info on the issue and help you out as soon as possible!

This was the same for me (and I assume others) as well. I took it upon myself to create individual patches using the new V2 instrument. Didn't take too long and gave me the option of combining multiple things into one patch.

1637853618017.png

As you can see, the top Instruments folder contains the original patches for V1.x. It also contains the new All-in-one instrument. I then created a V2 folder in there and mirrored the subfolders.

This was the same for me (and I assume others) as well. I took it upon myself to create individual patches using the new V2 instrument. Didn't take too long and gave me the option of combining multiple things into one patch.

1637853618017.png

As you can see, the top Instruments folder contains the original patches for V1.x. It also contains the new All-in-one instrument. I then created a V2 folder in there and mirrored the subfolders.
Awesome! Tbh I had been putting off fixing my template because I wasn't sure the best way to do so. Thank you so much!

I just experienced some glitches in the "2 String Ensemble Long Notes" patch. Can someone please turn the modwheel all the way up, hit G#3 for about 10s and let me know if it glitches or not? Thanks.

View attachment sym glitches.mp3
I can reproduce this, and if you keep holding the key, the "glitch" keeps happening over and over. Also, it seems to be the Stage mic only - the Close mic doesn't have this.

I just experienced some glitches in the "2 String Ensemble Long Notes" patch. Can someone please turn the modwheel all the way up, hit G#3 for about 10s and let me know if it glitches or not? Thanks.

View attachment sym glitches.mp3
Hi there!

Thanks for reporting. That's a nasty one!

Hereby fixed in the upcoming update.

Same problem here too. I'll write to helpdesk. All my templates with TS ended up with problems

Same problem here too. I'll write to helpdesk. All my templates with TS ended up with problems
As I mentioned, I managed to fix this myself.

Before updating to V2 backup the instruments folder and the NKICNT. You don't need to back up the samples.

Now update to V2. I downloaded it fresh from ProjectSAM's website. This avoids merely updating the patches whilst keeping the sample file structure of V1 which is what happens through NIA. If you go the NIA route, you'll find the V1 patches will work but the V2 ones won't. My tip below for batch resaving can fix this.

If you downloaded fresh, V2 should now be working fine albeit, just the single All-in-one patch. You can make individual patches like in V1 as you see fit. Just load up the all-in-one, load it up with whatever you like and save a new patch.

The V1 patches will say they can't find the samples. This is because the sample files are packaged up differently in V2. Do a batch resave on the library folder. When the search dialogue comes up, tick the box that says something like "accept alternative file types" and then direct it to the V2 sample files. It should now bake in the new sample config for the old patches.

And because we saved the NKICNT from V1 they should still look correct too.

Disclaimer: It's been a good few weeks since the update and I didn't think to document this so I may have gotten something wrong here or there, but it's all working for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom