What's new

Strezov Afflatus and what brass and woodwinds?

vegetadbz

Hey.

I am just checking some newer libraries and by demos and walkthroughs I find Strezov Afflatus strings to be great, great for some magical and epic tracks.
I do fantasy, magic, emotional flow tracks and fast, short articulation based tracks.
In another words I do 2 types of music:
1. Sustained chords flow with legato (fantasy, magical, mysterious...) melodies.
2. Fast tracks using short articulations with usually legato melody on top or few times i know to use marcato or staccato for melody too, rarely combined to avoid dealing with key changes. :blush:

Or I do combination of the two above.

I wonder what brass and woodwinds do you or would you pair up with this library to get comfortable to create such tracks as mentioned?
I thought of Berlin Inspire, but I am not sure.

P.S.
Please don't again change topic to: "Even piano can be epic" or "You can shape sound" etc.
Everyone knows whats epic orchestral music, as well as that some libraries, like most of spitfire ones are not meant to be epic, just some of us find reason to troll on daily basics.

:sneaky:

Woodwind, I'll suggest Berlin woodwind, VSL or sonokinetic. Brass.....I'm loving Cinematic studio brass a lot. Suitable for not too epic sounding since you've mentioned you do fantasy or magical music.

Woodwind, I'll suggest Berlin woodwind, VSL or sonokinetic. Brass.....I'm loving Cinematic studio brass a lot. Suitable for not too epic sounding since you've mentioned you do fantasy or magical music.

I am just finishing up my first piece that I used CSB on. And it's fairly aggressive. The library really does kick ass. I do wish the tuba and bass trombone had an extended range down to C. Would have made it a bit more feasible for certain idiomatic "epic" deep brass writing.

While it won't give you that unrealistically giant low end like the Arks or Trailer Brass. But it can get quite "big" by layering the soloists over the other sections. Overall I'm very impressed with it, much like I am with CSS. Absolutely cannot wait for the woodwinds and percussion to come along...

CSB is really great. Don't get me wrong. It can really do epic but I prefer using it for traditional orchestral writing. It has replaced my cinebrass core and Hollywood brass. I no need to hunt for anymore brass libraries now. I'm settled with it.

CSB is really great. Don't get me wrong. It can really do epic but I prefer using it for traditional orchestral writing. It has replaced my cinebrass core and Hollywood brass. I no need to hunt for anymore brass libraries now. I'm settled with it.

Yep. I keep cinebrass around because I paid for it. But aside from maybe the monster low brass and twelve horn on actual trailer tracks, I'm not sure I'll ever use it again. It's got a great overall tone but there are too many performances issues. And every time I think I can make it sound good I find I get better results with CSB. Oh well.

Thanks, and you missed "fantasy, magical, mysterious...", this needs woodwinds. :scout:

:thumbsup:

It was a joke, "/s" means sarcasm. These days woodwind libraries aren't the craze - hence the joke about EPICCCC and saying all you need is 12 horns. I guess like any joke it's not as funny if you have to explain it

Top Bottom