What's new

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - custom trailer music

Blakus

Midi Magician
It's been a while since I shared something, but I've been so excited about this opportunity so I thought I'd post it here. Over the last 4 months I've been lucky to contribute to 10 cues for the SWBFII campaign (tv spots, trailers, etc). These were all custom scored to picture with input from the EA/DICE/Source Sound team as we went along. Working with this crew was a blast, and I'm so thankful for the opportunity.

P.S. Sorry Williams for ripping your music apart :unsure: <3

Here's three of the trailers that were released just recently:

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
cant see why they wouldnt hire you for the next projects aswell... great job!

gratulations!
I was excited to be in discussions about the campaign for the next SW game! Then the studio got shut down 2 weeks ago, hahah! Maybe I need a break from SW :P

sounds amazing, did you write to a final cut or did they change frames around based on your track?
Thank you! This was super fun as I was able to write to picture. I started with a rough cut - The editors and I worked simultaneously, exchanging updates and ideas regularly. These guys were such a joy to work with!

Last edited:
Great job :) Classic (and boring) question, but which strings and brass are you mainly using on these trailers ?

i agree, mixing is great. ive tried often to recreate something like this but i never got the reverb quite right somehow. maybe my own mixes arent "wet" enough ;)

that's awesome Blakus. Love how you transition from one theme to another. So smooth. so powerful. You nailed it perfectly!

Thank you! This was super fun as I was able to write to picture. I started with a rough cut - The editors and I worked simultaneously, exchanging updates and ideas regularly. These guys were such a joy to work with!

Nicely done! What a fun project. Writing to picture is so much more enjoyable, challenging and inspiring. Doesn’t get better than SW either! Great Job!

Top Bottom