What's new

Spitfire Audio : Abbey Road 1 Modular Orchestra - Speculation Thread.

Pretty sure that's the idea.
The information vacuum part is what bothers me though. When products aren't refundable and there's no way to demo or trial, the information is all you've got to go on. (In the form of walkthroughs, reviews, user demos, forum chat.)

If information is taken away, it hurts the customer a great deal. And it doesn't particularly benefit the developer either, except to artificially put pressure on customers.

The information vacuum part is what bothers me though. When products aren't refundable and there's no way to demo or trial, the information is all you've got to go on. (In the form of walkthroughs, reviews, user demos, forum chat.)

If information is taken away, it hurts the customer a great deal. And it doesn't particularly benefit the developer either, except to artificially put pressure on customers.
Compared to the recent Afflatus release, the information from Spitfire is overflowing. :laugh:

SF had walkthroughs available for both the violins and cellos at time of pre-orders started, and they also gave it to a few reviewers during the pre-order period, so there was quite a lot of information available.

SF had walkthroughs available for both the violins and cellos at time of pre-orders started, and they also gave it to a few reviewers during the pre-order period, so there was quite a lot of information available.

Actually, not really. Many of us are waiting for the opinions and demos of the general public and not the opinions of handpicked and selected reviewers.

Compared to the recent Afflatus release, the information from Spitfire is overflowing. :laugh:
I would have agreed - until the AMA Strezov did in which they demonstrated the library in real-time based on user requests, which for me was something that I wish more developers would do. It felt transparent, and they could give context and their own perspective and thought process while demonstrating what it can do. They even showed the Kontakt back-end at couple of times!

A shame it was done so close to the pre-order deadline though.

Actually, not really. Many of us are waiting for the opinions and demos of the general public and not the opinions of handpicked and selected reviewers.
That's a different question entirely. But compare what SF has available compared to what Strezov had available for their pre-order of Afflatus Brass. SF had a ton of material available, plus a small set of reviewers. I have a really good idea what I am buying, even during the pre-order period. Strezov had a very limited number of demos, a walkthrough that dropped very late, and then a question and answer session the day before. But no reviewers at all before pre-order pricing expired. I didn't feel that any of that gave me a great sense of the library. But what Strezov has in addition is a fairly lengthy intro sale, whereas SF has like three days of intro sale this time.

I would say the issue isn't the pre-order with a more robust discount during it than during the intro pricing, but rather the fact that SF isn't currently having a meaningful intro sale period. I agree that's an issue, and it's one I find sort of incomprehensible—by that, I mean I can't imagine it is at all effective in ginning up sales—for a product of this sort.

You aren't the only one. I don't understand the rationale behind a four day pre-order and no intro price after release. It's forcing a quick decision about a lot of money in an information vacuum.
I was reminded by someone off forum that SF allows 14 days to return a library if you don’t download, so presumably one could buy it on preorder on Sunday then wait for the user reports, demos and other reviews come in before deciding either to download it or to return it. Other than having an outstanding credit charge that would be the best of both worlds, getting preorder pricing but also nearly two weeks of hearing user reaction.

I was reminded by someone off forum that SF allows 14 days to return a library if you don’t download, so presumably one could buy it on preorder on Sunday then wait for the user reports, demos and other reviews come in before deciding either to download it or to return it. Other than having an outstanding credit charge that would be the best of both worlds, getting preorder pricing but also nearly two weeks of hearing user reaction.
Sounds a bit perverted

What do you think the woodwinds modules will contain?

I wish they will include a set of two of the main instruments like:

Piccolo
Flute 1
Flute 2
Alto flute
Flute a3

Oboe 1
Oboe 2
English Horn
Oboe a3

Etc

But i guest they will go the bbcso route and put the bass flute and contrabass clarinet instead. They are great instruments but less useful than a second instrument imo.

Top Bottom