What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Speaking of BBCSO mics, has anyone else noticed that since the 1.7.0 update, when you hover over each mic (in any other instrument apart from the Piano), you no longer see all the mic contextual help in the information panel? (for the Piano, every mic is correctly showing the information)

E.g. of the 20 mics available in the Pro version I'm only seeing mic information now on Tree, Out, Amb, Mono, Sides, Balcony, AtmosF, and AtmosR

Cant recall if this was always the case or only related to 1.7.0. I've logged a ticket as I'm working on a mix of the whole orchestra and its useful to have this contextual information to hand

Speaking of BBCSO mics, has anyone else noticed that since the 1.7.0 update, when you hover over each mic (in any other instrument apart from the Piano), you no longer see all the mic contextual help in the information panel? (for the Piano, every mic is correctly showing the information)

E.g. of the 20 mics available in the Pro version I'm only seeing mic information now on Tree, Out, Amb, Mono, Sides, Balcony, AtmosF, and AtmosR

Cant recall if this was always the case or only related to 1.7.0. I've logged a ticket as I'm working on a mix of the whole orchestra and its useful to have this contextual information to hand
Wow, I though that the orchestra still had this function. But for me, the only mic that has info is the Mix 1, and much less detailed that back then. Not a single mic on the piano has the info. I think that I will create a ticket in SA support, as this was a cool feature.

Wow, I though that the orchestra still had this function. But for me, the only mic that has info is the Mix 1, and much less detailed that back then. Not a single mic on the piano has the info. I think that I will create a ticket in SA support, as this was a cool feature.
Ok that's interesting, you have a variation on what I have , I don't have any mic info for any of the full Mixes e.g. Mix1 or Mix2 but I have it for all of the Piano mics!

Its a very useful feature like you say particularly when mixing the full orchestra with pro, definitely worth logging it

I didn't know that it's possible to delete individual mics to save space, that's awesome.
Personally, I don't have any need for individual spill mics (I'll keep the mixed one maybe). How would I go about deleting them?

Hi!

I’m working around with BBCSO crazy deelays that is all over the place! I just checked the spreadsheet, by far is the worst orquesta of all in this terms, so incredible inconsistencies on deelays. All of each having different points. 🤪

I write with Keyswitches so for shorts arts isn’t possible to select every one with differents deelays for example. Oh and y work with ProTools so is even worst for external tools to provide some kind of solution

Something that I've noticed is that the rolls of the tambourine seems to have the stereo field inverted in the close signals (so its inverted in the mixes as well). Maybe this was a recording issue, where the player played the rolls in a different position, but it really annoys me where the tambourine is more o less alone playing.

Here is the Mix 1, first as default. Then, all the hits are set as default and the rolls are in a separate track with the left/right signal inverted:

View attachment BBCSO Tambourine Stereo Field.mp3

Here is the same but with the close mic:

View attachment BBCSO Tambourine Stereo Field close.mp3

Is it just me or did the BBCSO string legatos magically get better? I remember back in 2021 when I got the library and was having some trouble with the string legatos being too sluggish. I recently played around with it and the legatos are much more responsive than I remember. I'm happy that I can get more use out of it but it does make me feel a bit silly for getting more string libraries that I might not have needed. But hey, everyone here has a bunch of string libraries.

Is it just me or did the BBCSO string legatos magically get better? I remember back in 2021 when I got the library and was having some trouble with the string legatos being too sluggish. I recently played around with it and the legatos are much more responsive than I remember. I'm happy that I can get more use out of it but it does make me feel a bit silly for getting more string libraries that I might not have needed. But hey, everyone here has a bunch of string libraries.
There was an update for those legatos back in June of 2021 I think. It was a great update and Spitfire made a video showcasing the new things.

So now all four sections of BBCSO have at least some use for me. It has a warm silky sound that my other libraries don't have. I find the brass awful outside of uses for lyrical solos. And thankfully my Berlin Studio reverb covers up the questionable mix of BBCSO Core.

So now all four sections of BBCSO have at least some use for me. It has a warm silky sound that my other libraries don't have. I find the brass awful outside of uses for lyrical solos. And thankfully my Berlin Studio reverb covers up the questionable mix of BBCSO Core.
Core is not a great representation of the true sound of the library. Pro is where it’s at for sure. The tree mic alone without anything g else is far nicer of a tone than their mix 1.

Top Bottom