What's new

Sounds used on Le Parc by Tangerine Dream

automated hero

I'm curous as to two specific sounds, from Zen Garden and Yellowstone Park, from the aforementioend album.

What is that percussive pitched sound that goes throughout the entirety of Zen Garden?

What is the weird 'meow' gliss effect used on Yellowstone Park? . I don't mean the shakuhachi sound or the orchestral tuning part. They do the same thing on the track 'Dominion' from the Logos Live album (they use Emulator a lot on that album I guess).

Thanks

I'm curous as to two specific sounds, from Zen Garden and Yellowstone Park, from the aforementioend album.

What is that percussive pitched sound that goes throughout the entirety of Zen Garden?

What is the weird 'meow' gliss effect used on Yellowstone Park? . I don't mean the shakuhachi sound or the orchestral tuning part. They do the same thing on the track 'Dominion' from the Logos Live album (they use Emulator a lot on that album I guess).

Thanks

As regards the "meow" gliss... do you mean the infamous "alien seagull" sound? A long time ago there was a lot of talk about that one on the Tangerine Dream discussion group. I believe that Christopher Franke also uses it on one of his solo albums. That is actually not an Emulator sound. You should be able to recreate that on your synth. If I remember correctly, you will need something with ring modulation.

Alien seagull, i guess.

I've heard Crhistopher use that in other projects. Obviously he likes the sound.

Are you saying that it's based on modulating with a ring mod? It sounds too clean in its modulation for that, but I could be wrong

Top Bottom