What's new

Slide guitar - elecric

Soundhound

Think Joe Walsh, Duane, Allman, etc. Anybody ever have success creating that sound/style with a sampled instrument? At times I’ve been able to do David Lindley style long, lyrical lines, but have never tried to do that bluesy Allman/Mick Taylor thing. Seems like a tall order?

Issue in guitar is that even the slide is all about your personal vibrato. I know and seen some Slide ones but it's hard to get there, plus the amp and fx config makes another detail. LABS has a free one for instance, some of them are great with chords or double stops but single lines sound "keyboardy", there are loops which I detest and impact soundworks has one too if I recall. Some or most (like a harmonica) focus on the Elvis Hawaiian style. Just a year ago Embertone dropped a good blues harmonica.

Thanks. Yes I've found it hard to recreate the slides/vibrato/legato of a Joe Walsh Rocky Mountain Way/Statesboro Blues (Allmans Fillmore East). I'm a vibrato nazi, since I play slide myself, but it's the slides themselves, sliding up into and back down from a note, and visa versa, and then starting a note on another string without too much pick attack etc... pretty tough...

Just tried with Orange Tree Samples Electric Lap Steel guitar which is what I've been able to do the David Lyndley thing with, barely passably... Closest so far for Joe Walsh/Duane but definitely no cigar yet...

Yeah, Indiginus is probably the only real option... there's a few pedal steels but that's too clean, I think somebody last year did a cinematic slide guitar with true legato but that's a different style, and I think that's pretty much it.

What somebody really should do is a Mark Sandman style 2-string slide bass.

Ample Sound has their Jedson Lapsteel David Gilmour model:

Top Bottom