What's new

Sketch with Orchestration

Jackull

i don't wanna clog frederik's hard drive so i learned & try to create a simple site just for eis & vi sharing. after more beers & discussion with rjames, i would like to share this exercises that i sequence using my new opus bundle. i was just playing around with the sketch & it came out like this, so no specific style or mood in mind, just plain exercise.

https://www.aldoral.com/sharedfiles/all_in.mp3

https://www.aldoral.com/sharedfiles/All-In_sketch.pdf

any comments, suggestions, recommendations as well as attacks are welcome. (only instrument attacks not personal attacks :) )

jackULL

That trip to Hawaii has obviously given you some new inspiration!
I think this could be the start of something big.
ULL is smiling. He is pleased.

i like the piece Jackull !

but i don't understand your sketch... :oops:

i still on book two and the VL you used with your progrssion look strange to me can you explain a bit more ??

stephane

Craig Sharmat said:
Jackull, thanks for sharing!

guys be aware the whole piece is not EIS, just the mentioned sections. If you have done basic Voice Leading you should be able to locate those parts.

shure ! but let's take the intro part : in the audio files i ear the root tone progression in E3 with his minor triad arpeggio and not the chord written in the treble (witch btw are stange to me i read : B/D/F with C root & Bb/D/F with Eb Root & A/C#/E# with F# root & G#/C/E with A root & A/C/Eb with C root) as they are whole note i read them as if they where each in a different bar as for alteration...right ? i don't ear all that tense harmony in the intro !!! am i totally lost here or is there something i didn't get ?

Thanks for listening guys. Some of us are more advance than the other so, I could only explain what I've learned so far. I'm sure our man here Sharmy has a better way of explaining it. I'm currently in Book3 harmony in thirds.

LarryP,
Yes, Hawaii is awesome makes me wanna move there & it's closer to LA so I can bug David more :) Couldn't see the pdf file of your H3 examples at your site. Maybe you need more beers or get some scotch...

EVANg.
Yes, those are the sketch progressions I used. I updated the sketch on how I use the EiS. I just fill-in the notes according to each scale I used(that's from rjames discussion). I'm not sure where you are now in your eis studies, I used resolutions & reversed resolutions base on those whole notes sketch. Let me know where you are now on your eis & I'm happy to share with you some of my previous or current exercises.

GROOVE.
Don't worry if you don't get it now, I'm sure you will as you go along with your studies. I don't wanna confuse your studies but here's how I used the triads or 3-part VL. If you look at book2 with 3-part VL you will see that not all examples are 1-3-5. When you get to 9th, 11th or 13th chords you'll understand how to VL those kind of chords in 3-parts. Just the same as 1-3-5. Turn to page 107-A in book2, help cards. you'll see 3-5-7 , -7 9 11....& so forth. Don't worry you'll get it later if you don't understand it now.

CRAIG.
Most of the application I used is based on EiS with the inspiration from listening to your pieces as well as Frederik, rJames & LarryP. Thanks guys, keep on posting those short pieces.

rJAMES.
Actually I don't know what 2 —ÿýTJcc1a1e05=@öú㍲2AcZUJ5738ee921315588497448067c92a56d.jpg=@öú䍦2GÒUJ456c1a24207995959048afbf01c5818.gif<@÷ú危2/îLUJ53e37ac215113751244a1c63eb501c7.jpg=@öú捦2GSUJ456c1a24207995959048afbf01c5818.gif!@þú獲2AúíUJd57b738b=@öú荃2?´UJ446d4dc8149545539547312ed79337a.jpg<@÷úé ˜³ UJ435564d613247009264830f3e94b26d.jpg!@þúꍅ2 Ã
UJ4a42f7c7!@þú덦2üA UJ3fc49fa1 @ÿú썃2?Ú
T
UJ4f453e12=@öúí - ˆ
UJ18be752719397762414a53828692645.

Jackull said:
I updated the sketch on how I use the EiS. I just fill-in the notes according to each scale I used(that's from rjames discussion).
jackULL

Careful, don't give away my secrets!!

Jackull said:
GROOVE.
Don't worry if you don't get it now, I'm sure you will as you go along with your studies. I don't wanna confuse your studies but here's how I used the triads or 3-part VL. If you look at book2 with 3-part VL you will see that not all examples are 1-3-5. When you get to 9th, 11th or 13th chords you'll understand how to VL those kind of chords in 3-parts. Just the same as 1-3-5. Turn to page 107-A in book2, help cards. you'll see 3-5-7 , -7 9 11....& so forth. Don't worry you'll get it later if you don't understand it now.

thanks for your explanations Jackull.

i actually understood your voicing allright as they are kinda jazzy pianistic ones, i just spreaded the notes to be shure i was reading your sketch right according to alterations.

what i don't understand is the relation between the treble part of your sketch and the audio file (i can ear the root progression allright) but as you said i'll probably discover that further on studiying EIS.

kepp posting it is so intersting !

stephane

[/quote]Careful, don't give away my secrets!![/quote]

OK, "The Secrets of EiSis" :) good for movie title eh :)

jackULL

Careful, don't give away my secrets!![/quote]

OK, "The Secrets of EiSis" :) good for movie title eh :)

jackULL[/quote]

No, I'm not talking about EIS secrets. Those are for anyone who cares to study. I'm talking about my secret method, "just fill in the notes." Shhh, don't let everyone know about that!!!

Top Bottom