What's new

Sine never ever releasing notes

Hanny Elfzimmer

64GB, 4Ghz, i8 with 3TB SSD
Using Studio One as my DAW.
SINE WILL NOT RELEASE NOTES, AS IN ONE IN FOUR NOTES MAKING ALL THAT MONEY AND POSSIBLY JUST THROWN DOWN THE TOILET
WHYYYY????

Sine. The hideous carrier for the beautiful samples of OT.
My problem is a deal breaker

Within the first few notes a note simply decides to never ever release and play forever no matter what.

The controller map has zero functionality.
As in if I set the MW for X y or z it has zero effect on X y or z.
If I click learn zero effect.
The ONLY way to assign a CC to a variable is through the studio one strip at the top-
Past this- the only midi entering sine is note value and duration.
This I can work around.

But IT NEVER RELEASES RANDOM NOTES even if I hit the “all notes off” CC.

It’s essentially equal to:
The note input part of midi works
Every single other aspect is absolutely disregarded or not even accessed by sine.

I can’t believe no one else is complaining of this!

I’ve tried setting EVERY POSSIBLE CONTROLLER TO ALL NOTES ALL AND NOPE NO THING AT ALL

Does anyone know why sine is doing this?
Thank you so much!

SINE WILL NOT RELEASE NOTES, AS IN ONE IN FOUR NOTES MAKING ALL THAT MONEY AND POSSIBLY JUST THROWN DOWN THE TOILET
WHYYYY????

Within the first few notes a note simply decides to never ever release and play forever no matter what.

The ONLY way to assign a CC to a variable is through the studio one strip at the top-
This I can work around.

Every single other aspect is absolutely disregarded or not even accessed by sine.

I’ve tried setting EVERY POSSIBLE CONTROLLER TO ALL NOTES ALL AND NOPE NO THING AT ALL

Thank you so much!
It works fine outside of Studio One- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Try creating completely blank project with just a single SINE track, without any external MIDI input connected. Trigger the notes via SINE GUI. If the problem persists, ask OT support for help. If the problem disappears in this simplified setup, try adding external controllers one by one.

WHYYYY????

This I can work around.

Thank you so much!
Is it a specific library or all of them?

Try creating completely blank project with just a single SINE track, without any external MIDI input connected. Trigger the notes via SINE GUI. If the problem persists, ask OT support for help. If the problem disappears in this simplified setup, try adding external controllers one by one.
If I use the Sine keyboard it still
Results in hanging never released notes..

Two things which may factor in:

1) the options have no effect. If I set CC 12 to do X it does not do X. The midi monitor shows CC 12 data coming in but just disregarded.

2) Maybe as part of studio one there is a strip at the top of Sine which gives a link this to that control. Butttttt you can select WHAT connects to what it’s “recently touched” or “mousover” that shows up in an unintelligible form
(Attached)

It really really sucks since I bought some gorgeous libraries from OT but totally unusable and no mentions online somehow

Attachments

• F8C17E88-432B-4196-8B5D-C0F2104BD907.jpeg
    F8C17E88-432B-4196-8B5D-C0F2104BD907.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 6
Is it a specific library or all of them?
All of them.
And while options has “all notes off” or “release this or that” the learn function simply ignores all midi data I watch flow in with the midi monitor leaving only a strip at the top for controls which you can choose which to link unless it comes up on the list

Attachments

• F7579461-D26E-40F3-A91D-9ED2AC5F1846.jpeg
    F7579461-D26E-40F3-A91D-9ED2AC5F1846.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 5
If I use the Sine keyboard it still
Results in hanging never released notes..

Two things which may factor in:

1) the options have no effect. If I set CC 12 to do X it does not do X. The midi monitor shows CC 12 data coming in but just disregarded.

2) Maybe as part of studio one there is a strip at the top of Sine which gives a link this to that control. Butttttt you can select WHAT connects to what it’s “recently touched” or “mousover” that shows up in an unintelligible form
(Attached)

It really really sucks since I bought some gorgeous libraries from OT but totally unusable and no mentions online somehow
Have you opened a ticket with OT Support yet? They're typically very responsive and helpful when it comes to technical issues.

If you haven't yet submitted that ticket, I would recommend some deep breathing exercises first and to firmly slap away your finger that reaches for the Capslock or Shift key when typing in your ticket.

Do you have the same issue if you load SINE in standalone mode and other DAWs?
Have you opened a ticket with OT Support yet? They're typically very responsive and helpful when it comes to technical issues.

If you haven't yet submitted that ticket, I would recommend some deep breathing exercises first and to firmly slap away your finger that reaches for the Capslock or Shift key when typing in your ticket.
It’s so tempting to scream at them tho….
Having these great libraries an inch out of reach ei ei ei

Does your computer keyboard also have a capital release problem?
Actually in a problem I didn’t consider could be related; after an update my computer does not admit a keyboard is connected!
I’ve been using the damn screen one for months but since it’s music I usually just use it for logging in.
Usb keyboard- only kind it accepts.
I tried everything.
Updated drivers.
All is “running” according to device manager no problems at all
Tried removing and reinstalling to no effect
Yes tried many keyboards

The keyboard lights up 3 keys during the BIOS boot sequence but at windows start it simply isn’t there.

So yes- it’s possible the keyboard is sending a hidden signal blocking the release.
This could be tested by using sine without the keyboard plugged in then no errant packets could be flying around

Thanks for the idea!

It’s so frustrating- honestly the Sine libraries I have are PERFECT for the music I’m doing but I can’t use them and it’s so frustrating So very frustrating

Actually in a problem I didn’t consider could be related; after an update my computer does not admit a keyboard is connected!
I’ve been using the damn screen one for months but since it’s music I usually just use it for logging in.
Usb keyboard- only kind it accepts.
I tried everything.
Updated drivers.
All is “running” according to device manager no problems at all
Tried removing and reinstalling to no effect
Yes tried many keyboards

The keyboard lights up 3 keys during the BIOS boot sequence but at windows start it simply isn’t there.

So yes- it’s possible the keyboard is sending a hidden signal blocking the release.
This could be tested by using sine without the keyboard plugged in then no errant packets could be flying around

Thanks for the idea!

It’s so frustrating- honestly the Sine libraries I have are PERFECT for the music I’m doing but I can’t use them and it’s so frustrating So very frustrating
I was joking.
About your computer keyboard being stuck in ALL CAPS (not "releasing them"), and certainly not hinting at any relation between your computer keyboard and the OT software.

Last edited:
That would suggest that it's not a problem with SINE in itself, but relates to some configuration on your computer. The good news is that you should be able to fix it, if you can work out the cause.

You have said "It works fine outside of Studio One"; and also "Yes" to "Do you have the same issue in standalone and other DAWs."

The first step is to work out systematically exactly what's going on; what happens, what doesn't happen, and what are you doing at the time. Also, being able to describe it clearly is important, because "your words are our eyes".

You say that notes are hanging on sometimes, and can't be turned off. Could it be a faulty MIDI input device?
Also that you can't change the CCs used in the Controller Map? e.g. if you change dynamics to CC38, then CC38 doesn't have any effect on dynamics? Is that right? Do the default CCs work for you?

Isn't that normal -- send CCs from the DAW to the player?

Do you have the latest version of SINE? (v.1.2.2)

I'd agree that you should contact OT support. But be nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom