What's new

Show me your desk

Received my desk today - Doepfer built in and adjustable height so it keeps everything ergonomic. Also had a keyboard cover built for the (majority of) times when I'm just using my computer but don't need the MIDI controller. Best investment in my studio I've made.

If you're in LA, PM for details on how to get one yourself.
Gosh, I enjoy seeing those LMK units built into wooden desks :)

Well I haven’t been around for the last few months due to the day job taking priority. So as a present to myself after all the longs hours it was time for a studio upgrade and rebuild to this

Attachments

• C4A3F5E5-79FB-4B86-B832-EE793152F216.jpeg
    C4A3F5E5-79FB-4B86-B832-EE793152F216.jpeg
    539.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DEB8BC62-B9C5-450A-BDE9-0927516C4AEC.jpeg
    DEB8BC62-B9C5-450A-BDE9-0927516C4AEC.jpeg
    568.1 KB · Views: 131
  • A7062A87-2733-4289-B2A9-2C1A3B7D54DB.jpeg
    A7062A87-2733-4289-B2A9-2C1A3B7D54DB.jpeg
    465.7 KB · Views: 97
  • F02D4476-5D71-4CBD-96ED-CF1CC6A7E39C.jpeg
    F02D4476-5D71-4CBD-96ED-CF1CC6A7E39C.jpeg
    569.3 KB · Views: 125
I came across this post, enjoyed seeing all the desks. I love looking at gear, studios, creative spaces... I am in the middle of installing but so close to finished. I made two helmholtz resonators - hence the ceiling is not closed up yet, I am making another one for a different position in the back. Fixing up some wire placement and analyzing for 5.1 - it's my studio upgrade for Christmas. I've had this working studio space in my house since 2014 but never had moved into it until now - incredible (stupid of me) studio_k_1.jpg . Nice sounding and very comfy! Cheers!

I came across this post, enjoyed seeing all the desks. I love looking at gear, studios, creative spaces... I am in the middle of installing but so close to finished. I made two helmholtz resonators - hence the ceiling is not closed up yet, I am making another one for a different position in the back. Fixing up some wire placement and analyzing for 5.1 - it's my studio upgrade for Christmas. I've had this working studio space in my house since 2014 but never had moved into it until now - incredible (stupid of me) studio_k_1.jpg . Nice sounding and very comfy! Cheers!
Hey, I _love_ those warm colors in the studio! My acoustic designers didn't, though :-D ... I had to smuggle in some nice red eye-catchers after they had finished their work:

IMG_20200606_175925.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone using a widescreen with 2160 vertical rather than 1440? I’m getting greedy but some had said you wind up with fonts too small at native resolution, and i’m thinking i want to avoid scaling. And my eyesight isn’t terrible but i do wear progressives and they’re definitely not getting any better. :) A mildly new prescription every couple of years seems to be the trend…

Anyone using a widescreen with 2160 vertical rather than 1440? I’m getting greedy but some had said you wind up with fonts too small at native resolution, and i’m thinking i want to avoid scaling. And my eyesight isn’t terrible but i do wear progressives and they’re definitely not getting any better. :) A mildly new prescription every couple of years seems to be the trend…
Yeah, I’m avoiding the 2160 monitors because they are simply 1080 at high res. I prefer the real estate of 1600 vertical at normal res. I have a 2560x1600 older Dell and love the height. The solution is a 38” curved at 3840x1600. Here’s one:

Amazon product ASIN B08PPR6H2B
Dell makes a U3821DW but it never seems to be in stock anywhere. They also make their Alienware version, same 3821 model number.

Thanks Paulie! So dumb question:1600 gives you more vertical real estate than 1440 i’m assuming…is there a noticeable difference in how big/small things are? if you’ve had any way to compare…

Second question if you could explain the 1080p/2160 thing? are the various vertical resolution measurements of 1440, 1600 and 2160 not directly comparable?

I do want to stay at native resolution, don’t want to mess with scaling…

Anyone using a widescreen with 2160 vertical rather than 1440?
I am using the LG 34WK95U-W.
It's one of the best displays I ever seen.
It's on a workstation for 3D Graphics, I have never experience scaling issues, and I work with a lot of apps. This is on Windows now, but was on MacOS before and same thing.

Personally I can't tolerate low resolution displays, and the ultrawides on the market are a bit low resolution for my taste.

I replaced the center of my three monitors with a cheap 4K 43 inch Hisense tv running at native 2160p (posted here) because my logic projects were getting too damn big, and I'm really glad I did. The display is far from perfect but it does the job. I also wear progressives and I have no problem reading text on that big screen - I actually have more difficulty reading text on my new 16" MacBook Pro M1 max. The extra real estate definitely sped up my workflow in the large logic project.

I am using the LG 34WK95U-W.
It's one of the best displays I ever seen.
It's on a workstation for 3D Graphics, I have never experience scaling issues, and I work with a lot of apps. This is on Windows now, but was on MacOS before and same thing.

Personally I can't tolerate low resolution displays, and the ultrawides on the market are a bit low resolution for my taste.
wow, gorgeous monitor, just looked at the specs.

Top Bottom