What's new

Short demo to pitch for a project

MatFluor

I thought instead of putting it in the compositions subforum, this is another great opportunity to put it here for my EIS brothers to see.

This is a short demo track to pitch for a game project. Essentially the basic terms are already negotiated, but since some good money is involved, the developer wanted to have a demo track in a specific style to hear if (apart from my orchestral and atmospheric horror stuff) I also can deliver on

Sensual, sexy smooth Jazz

It's the first time I've written a track like this, and I can honestly say, EIS helped me tremendously.

Here it is:
https://clyp.it/jsk0xuya?token=925e393e21ea20d770a0864b51bcddc0

I have no idea how much credit EIS deserves, but if this is supposed to be a "soft jazz" kind of track, and it is the first one you've written, well sir, you need to pursue this!

Of course you'll also have to suffer some level of ridicule, as there are many (myself included) who are not fans of soft jazz, but dang, you hit the nail square on the head.

Best wishes on the pitch!

I have no idea how much credit EIS deserves, but if this is supposed to be a "soft jazz" kind of track, and it is the first one you've written, well sir, you need to pursue this!

Of course you'll also have to suffer some level of ridicule, as there are many (myself included) who are not fans of soft jazz, but dang, you hit the nail square on the head.

Best wishes on the pitch!

Thank you :)

As for credit - it helped me for creating the Bass movements and the suiting harmonic structure on top. Of course, that kind of melody is almost self-speaking, but still - flip open the book and have a go.

And I'm prepared for ridicule, I'm not a huge soft jazz guy either, but hey - it pays and I can officially say "I've done sensual jazz" :rofl:

It's nice...a couple of thoughts, on sensual SJ tracks I try to incorporate some blues. Another thing is to lock the time of the drum groove a bit more...high hat feel, maybe a 6/8 type thing, it's a bit tough to tell what you are going for there. For the client it may not matter, it has vibe and maybe that's what they want...no idea.

Style and sound is absolutely right. There's something odd rhythmically. Sounds like drums are swinging (triplet feel) and the bass is doing even 8th? Sax sounds great! Is it a real one?

Style and sound is absolutely right. There's something odd rhythmically. Sounds like drums are swinging (triplet feel) and the bass is doing even 8th? Sax sounds great! Is it a real one?

Yeah, the drums are not nicely lined up. When expanding to a full track I go over it.

No, the sax is from ProjectSAMs Swing More!. The sound is very nice, but took a few times until I got the phrasing right.

Top Bottom