What's new

Share your Christmas tracks

Here is my Christmas album from 2017. It features handbells on every track. Someone said that the music makes good background music when baking Christmas cookies. My new Holiday album was going to be release last month, but dealing with COVID issues at work and working almost 24/7 disrupted those plans. Looking forward to recording the album this summer and releasing it next year.

If you want to hear excerpts from the album and watch a five minute video of Christmas scenes from New York City (Holiday train show, Holiday store windows) that I made last year, just click here.

You can listen to it on the full album on major streaming platforms, as well as YouTube (see below).

Apple Music version

Spotify version

YouTube version

Scarlet Jerry

I got two from 2018! Both were done in the same session- I'm especially proud of the second one which has some incredible lead vocals done with a single improvised take by my collaeague.

The first one has a weird volume fuck- up at 2:00 which I just noticed- definitely not intentional. >.<

O Holy Night is from a 2016 album and features Matt Newton on the vocal:

"Santa, Don't Sneeze!" is from a 2019 country EP and was produced with a western swing-influenced Bakersfield sound of the 1960s. Yours truly hacked out the vocals on this one.

During the month of December, "Christmas Shopping Fool" (from the same EP above) enjoys a burst of activity on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media. Christine Corless is the vocalist.

From about 20 years ago, a Christmas song by my wife/writing partner. Somehow, I only recently got around to making a video for it...

Here is my piece from 2020. featuring the "Winter Voices" library from Pianobook. I was given a prototype of the library to try before the official release, which is when I've conceived the track.

P.S. I wholeheartedly agree that we need every source of light these days, regardless of the season. :)

Here is my 2023 Christmas piece. Freedom Road to Christmas Glory

Some different movements. A capture of nostalgia growing up in Christmas familial joy, taken away abruptly. An imperfect, vulnerable piano, a character, left to take the road to pick up the pieces in exotic locales. To finding higher joy. All states living simultaneously.

Featured libraries, some nice 2023 releases.

Spitfire: Heirloom Piano, Strings, and ARO Bass and Snare Drum

Cinesamples: Cineharps

Strezov: Darbuka

Fracture Sounds: Dan Keen Petrichor, Christmas Bells

Soniccoutures: Celeste

Orchestral Tools: Berlin Strings, Brass, Percussion Sangara Thai angklung

Audiobro: Genesis

VSL: Vienna Boys Choir

Auddict: Oboe

Embertone: Popelka Bassoon

Samplicity Berlin Studio and Cradle The God Particle are only FX

Ample Sounds: Erhu and Accoustic Bass

Happy Holidays VI Control ☃️☃️🎄🎄☃️☃️🎉

Last edited:
O Holy Night is from a 2016 album and features Matt Newton on the vocal:

"Santa, Don't Sneeze!" is from a 2019 country EP and was produced with a western swing-influenced Bakersfield sound of the 1960s. Yours truly hacked out the vocals on this one.

During the month of December, "Christmas Shopping Fool" (from the same EP above) enjoys a burst of activity on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media. Christine Corless is the vocalist.

Beautiful singing on the first one!

Just saw this thread. Already posted this on the Member's Compositions forum, but here's my new Christmas (and Easter etc.) song, made for Christmas 2023:

Merry Christmas everybody!

"Entre le bœuf et l'âne gris" (Between the ox and the grey donkey) is a French Christmas carol. One of the oldest extant carols, it has been dated to the early 16th century. Here a little intmate version.

"Entre le bœuf et l'âne gris" (Between the ox and the grey donkey) is a French Christmas carol. One of the oldest extant carols, it has been dated to the early 16th century. Here a little intmate version.

Funny thing, here in Finland it is a very popular Christmas song, but sung with a slightly different melody. There's something familiar in your melody, but it doesn't quite match with the popular version sung here, at this part of the world.

Here's the Wikipedia article, where you can find the score used here:

A beautiful arrangement, Freecham!

Funny thing, here in Finland it is a very popular Christmas song, but sung with a slightly different melody. There's something familiar in your melody, but it doesn't quite match with the popular version sung here, at this part of the world.

Here's the Wikipedia article, where you can find the score used here:

A beautiful arrangement, Freecham!
Thanks ! There are several versions of this song: the traditional one, which is the oldest, and François-Auguste Gevaert composer's version. You can hear the differences between the two melodies on this page : https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entre_le_bœuf_et_l’âne_gris . Anyway, I didn't know this song had reached Finland !

Top Bottom